Default Current Apprenticeship Opportunities?

Featured Sponsor

I have recent applied to Edison, LADWP and MSLCAT, but looking for other JATC's or utilities that are hiring groundmen or apprentice linemen. I was a 3rd step for SDGE and have alot of experience. Currently working as a cable splicer for AT&T and can't wait to get back in the game, all I think about.

If you have any leads of any opportunities anywhere in the country please share the info.

2. Default

There is a company up in Washington state called puget sound energy. They have or maybe still have a pathway to apprentice program. Might want to check it out if it is still posted.

I checked out Puget Sound but it is not posted anymore. Im waiting for an app from SELCAT and waiting for IBEW 47 to start taking applications again. I am also checking every utility in California and will start checking utilities in the Pacific North West. Its almost Summer so Im sure work and new budgets will allow for some new opportunities real soon.

4. Default jobs

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I have recent applied to Edison, LADWP and MSLCAT, but looking for other JATC's or utilities that are hiring groundmen or apprentice linemen. I was a 3rd step for SDGE and have alot of experience. Currently working as a cable splicer for AT&T and can't wait to get back in the game, all I think about.

If you have any leads of any opportunities anywhere in the country please share the info.
    I am working in West Texas... My company seems to always need people. Apprenticeship is through NLC and if you went to line school there you start out as a second year apprentice... PowerLine Services- Tessco. Also AVEC (Alaska Village Electric Coop) is looking for an Apprentice Lineman- I got a call yesterday with the job offer, they are looking to fill the position within the next month. i had applied and called there office last summer, must have made a good impression cause i got the offer without much. i would email your resume then call the office. both of these jobs start at $20/hr. here in texas i work at least 50hr weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CPowers84 View Post
    I am working in West Texas... My company seems to always need people. Apprenticeship is through NLC and if you went to line school there you start out as a second year apprentice... PowerLine Services- Tessco. Also AVEC (Alaska Village Electric Coop) is looking for an Apprentice Lineman- I got a call yesterday with the job offer, they are looking to fill the position within the next month. i had applied and called there office last summer, must have made a good impression cause i got the offer without much. i would email your resume then call the office. both of these jobs start at $20/hr. here in texas i work at least 50hr weeks.
    Those are all non-union outfits bud...in Texas a first step ape makes nearly 20 (union). Check out your local IBEW

I got an interview letter from MSLCAT but by the time it got to my house in san diego, all the spots were already filled. I did however apply to Durango and Limon, CO through connectingcolorado.com. they are co-ops from what I have read. I have also been applying at every groundman position at Socal edison, but haven't heard anything back at all from there. Working in Durango would be a dream come true.

7. Default Tried Mo Valley?

Mo Valley JATC has a direct entry into their program if you have over 3500 hours in the trade with a title other than groundman, operator, etc. You may bypass the interview and go straight to work for one of their contractors if you meet their requirements. With your experience you may even be able to start off as a step 3 or 4 apprentice, where you left off. I was planning this route until I got picked up by PG&E which has, hands down, the best lineman apprenticeship training in the world . Good luck bud, hopefully you hear back from DWP or Edison!

Featured Sponsorr

Thanks man I appreciate it, Ill look into that today. Congrats on PG&E, that's like winning the lottery. I have a couple buddies working with them and they love it.