Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Featured Sponsor

Bobbo
    I think your thoughts and examples have merit, and all of them will follow safety regulations when used in the proper scenario's you have given. There is no generic cookie cutter rule in our trade. Safety can be followed in several ways given determining the hazard an then eliminating the hazard at your point of work. The problem is most safety people are not necessarily that knowledgeable or professional enough to listen to someone that knows more than they do, such as good lineman. Management and their attorneys want to have air tight protection so they let their inexperienced safety people set irrational standards, instead of eliminating the hazard.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

Default You are so right!

Quote Originally Posted by US & CA Tramp View Post
    Bobbo
    I think your thoughts and examples have merit, and all of them will follow safety regulations when used in the proper scenario's you have given. There is no generic cookie cutter rule in our trade. Safety can be followed in several ways given determining the hazard an then eliminating the hazard at your point of work. The problem is most safety people are not necessarily that knowledgeable or professional enough to listen to someone that knows more than they do, such as good lineman. Management and their attorneys want to have air tight protection so they let their inexperienced safety people set irrational standards, instead of eliminating the hazard.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Instead of having these low brow double dipping retires from Po dunk places that never really had to work. Or Mr. Associates degree from Gay State Community and Vo Tech. Get a real old curmudgeon fart to police that knows the work, not the idiots now! There are too many fingers in the pie and too many egos. I just want to get the work done! That simple! If I ever hear the word "investigation" I am going to throw up, way overused term. "Watch out for kids!" When school is in session. Then in summer, the Same guy says "watch out for kids!" When the kids are out. How about just watch out for kids period and does it have to be mentioned. And I just sign the legally binding tailboard. It's a piece of papere that's it! And you fill out every little possibility to protect yourself. It has nothing to do with what you need to do, just pencil whip it and go to work. Just look up see what you have to do and do it!' Pretty simple.

Default thanks

Thanks for the replies, bobbo and rob. I understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, you're correct in many respects. Just remember that once you're out on the job, you are responsible for your safety. Work safe!

Added a few more pics of stick and jibing the 44 kv
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Default Good thread

I just wanted to comment on what a good discussion this has been. It's nice to see the Forums being used this way.

bd

Featured Sponsorr

Another pic of stick and jibing 28kv easier than rubber gloving it
    Attached Images Attached Images