Default Questions about the million volt line in Canada..

Featured Sponsor

Any Canadians in here know anything about the million volt line running through there? One of my line school instructors mentioned it but nobody seems to know where it is, where it runs, spans and such... id love to hear any info on it. Thanks guys.

Have a search through the forum. I think it was the member oldlineman who was involved in pioneering tests on the concept.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

I did a search and didnt come up with anything.. Just seems like a really cool concept.

i don't know much about it, I think its in Quebec. I will ask around.

Featured Sponsorr

I believe it was Bonneville Power up in the north west US that built a 1.2 million volt, 6 phase line back in the early 80s(?) for experimentation purposes. Just a few miles long. Strange looking towers, the phases were held in a circular pattern by insulators at each tower. Apparently never really worked out as most of the line collapsed in a storm and was scrapped out instead of being rebuilt.
    I don't give em hell, I just tell the truth and they think it is Hell! - Truman