Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6 hour drive.

Default 6 hour drive.

Featured Sponsor

Start another job tomorrow. 6hr + round trip. Down there sat sun and mon . Then we've 10 days back here. The 6 weeks down south of Aberystwyth ....
    Im considering bringing my tent down and camping for the 6 weeks. Don't think driving daily is an option. ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Start another job tomorrow. 6hr + round trip. Down there sat sun and mon . Then we've 10 days back here. The 6 weeks down south of Aberystwyth ....
    Im considering bringing my tent down and camping for the 6 weeks. Don't think driving daily is an option. ....
    Thats quite a drive ,so are you making that trip 6 times?And if you going to be living in a tent,I hope you have room to stand up..........or is it a pup tent?

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Thats quite a drive ,so are you making that trip 6 times?And if you going to be living in a tent,I hope you have room to stand up..........or is it a pup tent?
    We do ten days on 4 off. So I was thinking of taking my car down with the " my little tent" in the trunk. Got an inflatable mattress and fold up chair.
    Looking at a camp site ( £10 per night ) it's got free wi fi. Restaurant and bar. Plus heated pool. We get £35 a day live out allowance but we've a house rented .....so don't want to pay too much for a second place to stay for a few Weeks ... If I drive I will have to leave at 4.30 am. And won't get back until 10 at night.

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    We do ten days on 4 off. So I was thinking of taking my car down with the " my little tent" in the trunk. Got an inflatable mattress and fold up chair.
    Looking at a camp site ( £10 per night ) it's got free wi fi. Restaurant and bar. Plus heated pool. We get £35 a day live out allowance but we've a house rented .....so don't want to pay too much for a second place to stay for a few Weeks ... If I drive I will have to leave at 4.30 am. And won't get back until 10 at night.
    Better u then me...if you get back by 10 and dont fall asleep till 1am,and wake up around 3.30 am to get ready to leave....well its not much rest...anyway good luck.

5. Default

Just back from there to Bren,you can get plenty of cheap digs in aber,we stayed there when at the start of the line but when we got past the middle we moved to a rented cottage in a place called Lampeter that was good it had 5 double bed rooms and two sofa couches,don't know if you are going that far down but if you need the number I have it here

Default tent

Eers Paul. But Tthe rest of the crew want to drive it. So I will be looking after number one........ Camping is my only real option.

6 hr. round trip? In Northern BC we call that Tuesday Kidding aside, that's a brutal drive to do day after day.
    Last edited by langfordbc; 05-25-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Default base set up

B ase set up for the 9 days.... It aint much but its home

Inflatable beds and folding chairs do not really work for me in a sort of "might as well be lying on the ground" and "will probably end up lying on the ground" type of way.

Given your size and weight I'd say that's going to be a rough time.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Glamping....

Featured Sponsorr

Glamour camping. Great wi fi on site. Watching the world cup on my I pad. Gorgeous warm evening.......... Perfect.