Default Finally landed a MSLCAT interview on July 9th! Advice greatly appreciated!

Featured Sponsor

I finally landed an interview on July 9th at 10am. I plan on wearing new jeans, button down shirt tucked in with my climbing boots. I am hitting my linemans/cablemans handbook, getting my color codes down for insulinks and preforms, studying go 95, remembering md-6 and y-35 die sizes and brushing up on xfmer connections.

Does anyone know what to expect as far as what types of questions they could ask or anything im missing on brushing up on? Any pointers are appreciated.

2. Default

Do you know they ask you stuff about the job content, or is it more just usual interview questions about your work ethic and habits?

I actually ended up not going. My wife has a high risk pregnancy and I had to cancel last minute, super bummed out. Im going to LADWP tomorrow and Socal Edison on Mon.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I actually ended up not going. My wife has a high risk pregnancy and I had to cancel last minute, super bummed out. Im going to LADWP tomorrow and Socal Edison on Mon.
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, ozzy. I hope your wife is OK. Hang in there, and good luck with LAWP and SoCal Ed.
    Last edited by deer; 07-16-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Thanks man, MSLCAT said they're going to keep my application for the next apprentice class.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    Thanks man, MSLCAT said they're going to keep my application for the next apprentice class.
    Mountain States is putting out apprentices like crazy. I just got out of a union meeting where it came up. I'm a 1st step and I got hired literally a week after orientation. It sounds like they put everyone in the field that makes orientation. So, it's good news for you!

That's some good info right there. Really wish I could have made the interview. I really want to be working right now.

8. Default

Ihaup, Do you know if new apps are still getting indentured this quickly? Also do you have an idea (even just a guess) of how high up on the list you have to rank to have a good shot of getting to orientation and called out this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihaup View Post
    Mountain States is putting out apprentices like crazy. I just got out of a union meeting where it came up. I'm a 1st step and I got hired literally a week after orientation. It sounds like they put everyone in the field that makes orientation. So, it's good news for you!

Default What to expect at MSLCAT orientation.

Featured Sponsorr

Hey guys I have an orientation next week in Utah and I was wondering what I should expect with it. I was told to bring all my climbing equipment and be ready for five 12 hour days. Are they trying to weed people out that can't handle the long work hours? Do you get re-ranked based on how you do? Is there a lot classroom time or is it all outdoors? A little info would be much appreciated. Thanks.