Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ladwp

Featured Sponsor

Just got the letter in the mail from ladwp yesterday. Im testing on 9/05/14 at 8:30am. Anyone know what this test consists of? I heard you have to hang back to back three way secondary racks, move a pin from one end of a xarm to the other. Land a xarm. Does this sound right?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    Hardworker, do you know when they are going to hire again?
    Ok cool, I worked for sdge also back in 08 as an fleet service attendant in the Miramor yard. My main purpose was to bid for a line assistant. But yes work is strong right now. Socal edison has a lot of work right now. Lots of distro and transmission. PGE doesnt have crap right now but they sent me up there. Calnev just had a new apprenticeship class in Jan. I think theyre having another one later this yr but I have no idea when they're opening applications again for new applicants. Its really hard to get in the program. You have to pretty much know someone who knows ppl, but with your experience they're probably let u in. What step did you make it to at SDGE?

Featured Sponsorr

Right on, great advice. I worked out of miramar for awhile too. I was a 3rd step out of the Metro yard. I started my apprenticeship in 08. I know a couple guys that got fired from sdge that are out of 47 now and I have alot of references and all of my hours of service from sdge. I've been checking the cal/nev website once a week and ill continue to do so until it re-opens. Its carzy seeing how many guys are coming out of NLC now, makes it a lot tougher to land a job. I really appreciate the advice. Cool talking to another former sdge employee. Just remember, Slow Down and Go Easy.