Thread: Charity

Default Charity

Featured Sponsor

Hey folks, I've been asked if there is a lineman charity of some kind... and if there are, are they good. Any help!

Thanks RWD

Quote Originally Posted by RWD View Post
    Hey folks, I've been asked if there is a lineman charity of some kind... and if there are, are they good. Any help!

Thanks RWD
    Ive never head of one unless someone gets injured or hurt and thats sad.Years ago I thought of something similar,like the Marines do around Christmas.I figured Id just be spinning my wheels,people dont like getting involved unless it benefits them .Now days even the large utilities do not get involved like they used to. Good to hear from you RWD....to be honest I forgot about you,,its been awhile,you know.

While we still have you,are you back in the USA or still in other countries? And do other countries have a lineman charity that you know of?Now for a Q that hasn't been answered ready....now I thought you mentioned a trip Down Under a while back....you didnt happen to see anything that might be flight 370 did you....cause nobody else has either.

fallenlinemen.org
    I don't give em hell, I just tell the truth and they think it is Hell! - Truman

Default Vacation... kind of

Reppy, Back stateside for a few days. My daughter and I are headed to Haiti on Monday. I'll work there 3 weeks as part of my vacation. Then here in the USA for a week before returning to Pakistan on the 7th of August. I pretty much took the time of Ramadan off.

Things are going well in PK overall. Reduction in deaths and the management of some of the companies are starting to understand the need for proper tools and training. We are creating full cycle safety programs in some of the companies but it is slow work. While it may sound easy.... a foundation must be built before the program can be implemented at any level. If we don't get it right it will fail. We have accomplished much but there is much left to go.

I did go to OZ in late 2011. Enjoyed it. Mostly there for a wedding. I have since been to the Philippines for Typhoon clean up and Philippines, Thailand and UAE for Diving. I am hoping to get a few dives done in Haiti but it is unlikely....

Best all!

RWD

Default In Ireland

In Ireland RWD we had a " LINESMANS ASSOCIATION " it was affiliated to the union.. It had a small fund to help linesmen that fell on hard times ... We all contributed a few £,s from our wages and they had a committee that decided who had the need...
    The trouble was " people were to proud to ask for help" so a lot of times we had to nominate a person or family to help.

it wasn't used Much in latter years..so they used to use the monies to arrange social events for linemen's children ( Christmas party's etc). The men were better looked after by the company..

I rem a guy I was apprentice with got killed " 1985 " his family received £80,000 in compensation. I spoke to his mother a couple of years ago ( they still hadn't spent one penny of that money) ..
    as she said to me. " Bren what could we spend it on ???? " he was an only child......

Money isn't always the answer..
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Featured Sponsorr

There is a charity that the IBEW backs, I am just not sure right now. Maybe someone else knows of it.