Thread: Jack Jumper

Default Jack Jumper

Featured Sponsor

Does anyone have any information on the maximum Amps you actually can jack jumper out on a cut-out,provided your able to do so depending on the cut-out style?
    Last edited by birdog37; 07-05-2014 at 05:06 PM.

As per the literature they are good for 100 amps. You can put them 2 of them on making it 200 amps.

Default Jack Jumper

Thx,for the info,I questioned it because another lineman told me he did solid blades with one jack jumper.Lucky for him the amperage just may of not been there.As long as its the right cut-out,2 sounds right for 200 amps.
    Birdog37: "Remember we're all on a journey in life, the only difference is, some people know it and some people don't."

Yon know those little meters called ammeters? They are very handy for checking load on a line, then a fella will know what size jumper to use. Once installed a fella can use that same little ammeter to check the jumper and make sure it is taking at least one third of the load.

I know that no one asked, but while the subject of jack jumpers is being discussed I thought I would mention what I ran into with a jack jumper a few years ago. We were changing all our fuses from KS to K fuses so we were using jack jumpers all day every day, anyways after several months of using the one I had I noticed after taking it off of a cutout feeding a lateral that it was warm and seemed extra flexible, anyhow after I studied it up a little I noticed the wire that runs down thru the middle of the spring was beginning to fray and deteriorate, I went back to using a mack until I could get another one, the moral of the story is check those jack jumpers good when you are using them a lot because they will eventually break down.

Default Jack Jumper

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    I know that no one asked, but while the subject of jack jumpers is being discussed I thought I would mention what I ran into with a jack jumper a few years ago. We were changing all our fuses from KS to K fuses so we were using jack jumpers all day every day, anyways after several months of using the one I had I noticed after taking it off of a cutout feeding a lateral that it was warm and seemed extra flexible, anyhow after I studied it up a little I noticed the wire that runs down thru the middle of the spring was beginning to fray and deteriorate, I went back to using a mack until I could get another one, the moral of the story is check those jack jumpers good when you are using them a lot because they will eventually break down.
    So true,good point.Thats what we will be doing going from s fusing to T fusing.Ya can get a little complacent changing all them out,Thx lineman North,and an amp meter too Rob if theres any Q,s.
    Birdog37: "Remember we're all on a journey in life, the only difference is, some people know it and some people don't."