Unhappy Will being arrested hinder being hired?

Featured Sponsor

A few years back I was arrested for possession and paraphernalia of cannabis. I just recently finished school and am ready to start applying, but I just wanted to know how much those charges will hinder me being hired? any help is appricated

Umm in southeast Texas you hafta have a TWIC transportation workers Identification card. and a felony on your record prevents you from gettin that its govt mandated and cost runs bout150$

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm in southeast Texas you hafta have a TWIC transportation workers Identification card. and a felony on your record prevents you from gettin that its govt mandated and cost runs bout150$
    Old man Poot....R u telling me that lineman here need a TWIC CARD ?Never heard of that if thats what your saying,Although I do have a TWIC card it wasnt for linework. Too many changes for me.

4. Default

It might. Companies have literally more than a thousand people applying for 15 or 20 positions, so they can be as picky as they want. Hang in there, though. Someone in HR might have some scruples and realize that excluding someone based on a minor thing done while young is pretty extreme.

If you haven't wised up already, don't do drugs and avoid things that will get you arrested. Most companies drug test and do background checks. Good luck.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Old man Poot....R u telling me that lineman here need a TWIC CARD ?Never heard of that if thats what your saying,Although I do have a TWIC card it wasnt for linework. Too many changes for me.
    Ummm yes ya gota have one here ZI bleve theTSA caused that and ya hafta have one before they will hire you ITS basically a really thorough background check assureing you have no terreristic traits in your past and are felony free Ittsa big thang here cause so many petrochemical plants are round here n they wont let you in the gate without one.