Thread: Newbie

1. Default Newbie

Featured Sponsor

Good Day All,

I currently just received my acceptance letter for SLTC I'm super f*cking pumped to get into this trade!!!! I was informed about this trade from a friend of mine from High School who went to SLTC.

Does any one have any info to give some about to enter this trade along with the school?
    -I already understand that this job is about traveling which is ok with me. I have no girl and no kids. I'm trying to enter a career that will provide me a Trade. Along with I want a trade having to deal with working with my hands. Does this trade have a good opportunity for someone to advance onto better jobs. Maybe Supervisor of some sort or anything really. I'm looking to be in this for 10-20 years to where I can one day settle in one place for my family.

-Anything you guys would be willing to ask me or tell me would be greatly appreciated.

-Side Question do companies in this trade have a good policy for vacation. I'm looking for this to allow me to Travel for One Week a Year to Europe or wherever.
    Last edited by rbhumber; 08-09-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by rbhumber View Post
    Good Day All,

I currently just received my acceptance letter for SLTC I'm super f*cking pumped to get into this trade!!!! I was informed about this trade from a friend of mine from High School who went to SLTC.

Does any one have any info to give some about to enter this trade along with the school?
    -I already understand that this job is about traveling which is ok with me. I have no girl and no kids. I'm trying to enter a career that will provide me a Trade. Along with I want a trade having to deal with working with my hands. Does this trade have a good opportunity for someone to advance onto better jobs. Maybe Supervisor of some sort or anything really. I'm looking to be in this for 10-20 years to where I can one day settle in one place for my family.

-Anything you guys would be willing to ask me or tell me would be greatly appreciated.

-Side Question do companies in this trade have a good policy for vacation. I'm looking for this to allow me to Travel for One Week a Year to Europe or wherever.
    Well if you get into the trade its going to most likely be a lifelong trade with all kinds of advancement opportunities. But focus on getting your ticket before jumping the gun, I've seen alot of guys get washed out because they couldn't hack it. It depends on where you work but in California most lineman make at least 150k a year and 4 weeks vacation if you're at a utility. See if you like it, its not for everyone.