Threaded View

Default What climbing gear do you use?

Thought I would start this thread for anyone new in the trade that have questions about which belt to buy, what hooks to climb in and what boots to wear. There's a ton of options from bashlin off set with a twist hooks to buckingham straights. Velcro cinch pads to the old leathers. Super squeeze to double safetys.

So what does your climbing gear consist of? What do you like and what don't you like?

My climbing boots are La Sportiva, they are an Italian made ice climbing boot, very popular in socal. They are water proof, very light and great for both on the pole and under ground. They are a little over $300. My belt is the all black buckingham 2000m, I like it because I didn't have to break it in, but they do wear out fast. I would prefer a Bashlin, but they take too long to break in. My hooks are buckingham straights aka widow makers with leather pads. They make you cut out alot, but it forces you to have better form and to keep your angle. Im looking to buy Bashlin off sets with the velco cinch pads, the red ones. I use two double safetys. Its easy to climb riser poles and pass ladder arms.