Default 2 hurt and one has died

Featured Sponsor

National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Default Both are Apprentices

It is sad that this is becoming a common occurrence in our trade! Both workers were apprentices, in the air together, removing grounds. Why?! The rules are written in blood, and they were just re-written, again.
    Rest In Peace Brother. And I hope for a full recovery for the injured app.

I'm just curous as to where would 2 men be belted off over a 50 ft hole ....musta been sum kinda tower

Default Sad

We keep dreaming up ways of killing ourselves ... Shame

R.I.P.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Appears to be two separate accidents on the same line construction job the fall into the hole last year and the electrocution this year, very limited info on either incident.

Default Accident

I heard the other apprentice passed also,very sad situation thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these brothers.I also heard that it was induction from another line (transmission) that was the cause of this mishap.
    Birdog37: "Remember we're all on a journey in life, the only difference is, some people know it and some people don't."

There sure doesn't seem to be much information being let out as to what actually happened with this incident. Learning some of the details would help us to prevent another similar occurence, but the powers to be must be too busy trying to cover their a**es.
    Regarding your question, Poot, the other incident, if I remember correctly, was with the contractor doing foundations for dead end structures, and they fell into the hole that was drilled for the concrete footings, Aldridge comes to mind, a very safety oriented company for the most part.
    Living my life and loving it!!!

8. Default r.i.p to this brother

another accident, another death, and when will we ever learn what the sanitized details are? personally, i wish this family peace and a prayer for their loss. and i'm STILL WAITING to read the lies regarding why Brandon Orozco died alone last year in an energized vault on Sce property in Southern California. where were the foreman and jl s then?
    Last edited by dangermousedanger; 08-04-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Default I am trying to figure this out

Featured Sponsorr

I like to do transmission because I hate wearing gloves and sleeves. I always personal ground the wire. And go across an open if dead ending. Maybe I am PARized on the way to do transmission, I don't know how they got electrocuted.

It can't be hard to put master grounds on your ends and personal ground in between, and go across dead ending. I don't know any other way! It seems that whoever thinks another way of doing this work ends up in the morgue.

my apprentice knew nothing of static or induction when I was talking with him. When we were on storm he didn't understand the isolating out that wire and grounding it. Once a year I heard guys stretching hoists going from the guy to the pengo getting killed. Induction and static is a killer!

one of the best classes every man should have is that grounding class by that Par guy. When you are doing transmission, he will tell you even if it's grounded it's not dead. equipotential bonding and grounding should be practiced everywhere. I thought it was a pain in the ass when I first started, but you like the benefit of your hands not burning when you worked. As you do it every time, the five extra minutes of putting that bonding perch on the pole it gets easier.

when you are pulling guys in the corridor, get some class ones for working. Or put a ground across the anchor to guy wire. Corridors are totally different animals than stand alone transmission. Sometimes touching a pick up truck can burn you.

I think the directors of these apprenticeships should sit in that Par guys class and duplicate it. I know these directors are packing ten pounds of **** in a five pound bag with every class. But this guy was very informative and knowledgeable and he wasn't a bull****ter and know it all. When you are a first step in distribution you are dead weight, that's why they get dispatched to transmission. It's suppose to be safer for them.