Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Default High voltage line: is this a splice? what kind?

Featured Sponsor

Can you identify these photos? I believe the first is an "automatic splice". The second/third appear to be a splice, but I can't find any information on it.

Name:  IMG_1836-1_1024.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  75.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1834-1_1024.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1835-1_1024.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  78.8 KB

I am having problems with radio noise / interference (RFI, EMI, EMC). Thinking maybe this could be the problem. More to come on that later...

Matt

Yea the first one is a splice,Im guessing the other two is a piece of rubber taped onto the wire due to the trees rubbing into the insulation and maybe it caused sparks.Just a guess.

3. Default High Voltage line

I have to agree with Reppy about the taped up line hose. There may be a defective or broken insulator or pin causing the interference.

I have to agree with Terry....I think your looking at the wrong place if you think this is causing interference....might be a bad neurtral connection,a loose nut on a bolt causing the washer to vibrate....let us know when you find the solution.

Umm if your prollem is radio/ tv interference start lookin at the guy thats complainings doorbell transformer thats where most of my TVI calls wound up

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm if your prollem is radio/ tv interference start lookin at the guy thats complainings doorbell transformer thats where most of my TVI calls wound up
    Thats interesting Poot,I have worked around the interference guy with our company years ago....always before he found the problem,I would be sent on some case of trouble orbe sent to change out a pot.....doorbell transformer....hummmm never thought about that one.

Blog Entries

Top is what we call a pickle....... Taped up cover of some type on the next pics.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

First picture automatic sleeve on hendrix or some other sort of insulated overhead conductor and the other pictures as the rest have said is a piece of gut taped to the conductor. An old AM radio is about the best thing for finding interference.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    First picture automatic sleeve on hendrix or some other sort of insulated overhead conductor and the other pictures as the rest have said is a piece of gut taped to the conductor. An old AM radio is about the best thing for finding interference.
    Yup. anybody's guess what's under that gut. Seems it would have been easier to trim the dman tree when they put the gut on.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Featured Sponsorr

I have to wonder...does the interference happen around the clock,or is it happening when theres a high wind,rain,ect?....And Poot explain...your hill-billy talk lost me....back to the doorbell chime transformer.....are you saying it happens when its going bad or what?