Default Anybody know of a good place to apply?

Featured Sponsor

Ok. Heres the deal. I went to NLC, graduated with a 4.0. I've applied ALL over the place with no luck. Im on the books at 1245, they say its about a year out for calls. I NEED some work. Is there anywhere that I may be able to get on? I dont want to sound picky, but the wife doesnt want me to tramp unless im making at least $17 an hour. I wanna tramp to get some work under my belt. I can climb like hell, not just in a squeze but I can hitch hike and free climb. I just wanna work. I've come WAY too far just to sit around and do nothing. Any insights would be great. And if you "know a guy who knows a guy" PM me and we can talk. I know its not common to vouch for somebody because a mans word is his bond, but just PM me and if you dont feel comfortable with it, thats fine. Just give me a chance. I've applied and cold called all over the place, from the west coast to the east and NOTHING. I hate to say it but line school has made it MUCH more competitive. Those of you that have seen me post over the last few years know im not about drama and BS. At least do the brother the courtesy of a PM to point me toward somebody. Thanks in advance.

Do you have your CDL? If not i can almost guarantee that is why you aren't getting any responses on you apps. If you have it then just be persistent and the work will come. But if not then I would be doing everything possible to get one. There are too many lineschool grads applying for the same jobs who have gone the extra mile to get every cert. and license they made need in order to get hired. Applying isn't gonna be enough if you don't have certs and experience

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roofus View Post
    Ok. Heres the deal. I went to NLC, graduated with a 4.0. I've applied ALL over the place with no luck. Im on the books at 1245, they say its about a year out for calls.
    Hey, have you gotten a job yet? I'm considering lineman school and I thought that the jobs were flourishing according to my land owner and his son.

Custer's Last Stand, St. Louis City, Missouri, USA

Featured Sponsorr

I was wondering the same thing. Only climbed for cable and that was long ago. Got the class "B" CDL...so now I need to get the "A" license to drive and? Is there a shortage of line workers out there, or is that story more "Associated Press" fiction? Chris