1. Default salisbury gloves

Featured Sponsor

These gloves made it through quality control. How does that make you feel?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by VECtech View Post
    How am I susposed to feel?I assume that they belong to you ,so let me ask you how you feel about them,whats the problem?

Default The cut

The cuffs appear to be cut at an angle... But so are the keepers. I'm guessing they we're cut that way purposely ?
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Looks like the right hand one is wrong. They are cut on the same angle instead of opposite and one looks longer than the other.

You must take this into account,its his first post....ok they look like they have been used a few times,are they yours...what are you trying to say about the gloves........more details please.

The cuff on the right hand glove appears to have been angled the wrong way hopefully they test and work correctly other than not having the same coverage on the outside of the arm I would certainly make an issue of it with safety dept. to make sure it was just a fluke and not a reoccurring problem. I know it says Salisbury on the glove any indication where it was made in USA or overseas?

The right hand is a straight cuff glove while the left is a contour cuff (angled). Both leather protectors are contour cut.

Someone at the lab mis-matched the rubbers after test?

Quote Originally Posted by VECtech View Post
    I see they look odd, but as long as you test before use and have at least 1" between the protective cover and the glove bead for class 2, 2" for class 3 and 3" for class 4 you are fine.

Default good point lewy

You make a good point lewy,just cause the gloves are stamped with a date and appear new doesnt mean they are.I can remember seeing lineman check their rubber gloves often as a helper.So I took up that habit,now Im not going to say I checked them before every single use cause I didnt .But theres millions of guys that never check their own gloves.After the 80's I cant recall seeing that done much.Another part of the trade that is fading.Many guys Ive met and knew never sharpened their hooks.....at least I never saw them do it .

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Can you take a picture of them without the leather gauntlets? I work for a Salisbury distributor / test lab and I'd like to forward this over to them, this looks like a pretty major problem if the contour cuff is actually reversed.

It would have had to make it through a ton of checks to go out like that, and if a test lab (looks like hiline) certified them like that, they're completely not paying attention.