Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Does he do this?

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    If there is 20 minutes building and getting material he jumps in the bucket. He doesn't tell us what we are doing and he trusts no one. If we kind of know what we are doing we will get it. Then you see him getting the same stuff. His truck has no organization. The belly is full of crap from the storms 2 months ago. It's a mess. He doesn't trust anyone. He doesn't tell you anything. And the way he works is like his truck a mess. Working with this guy will give me a lifetime of good stories. It's a comedy everyday. We just ignore him and do what we have to do. He doesn't know the spec or the system. Whatever he touches we will have to redo. We gave every hint to management he is nuts. Everybody is hoping he won't comeback after the holidays. Found out our whole yard thinks he is a nut. I have no clue why they made him a foreman. Or how he got to be a foreman. When the company how much work need redone, on their dime it's not going to be pretty.
    Does he climb a pole that has a bad clamp on it and leaves the squeeze tool and clamps on the truck?Or maybe claims to have worked many of storms and cant start a chainsaw.Better yet does he use a chainsaw like a handsaw instead of letting the chainsaw do the work and guide it.Yes there is plenty of guys with these magical tricks in the trade....If he does any of the above,I will keep you and your crew in my thoughts and prayers.

I hear ya Bobbo, been there seen that. Have you ever had to work for a very young foreman, that thinks he knows and doesn't?

Default I see that everywhere especially the northeast.

[QUOTE=bluestreak;144422]One of the problem people in the trade are facing is the utilities don't have people that have any first hand knowledge of line work in positions that used to require it. So if they don't know what it's supposed to look like how can they get rid of him? real problem here in Conn. too many book learned supervisors not enough job trained people, anyone with any knowledge won't get into management because they treat them worse than the regular employees, only thing you can do is document the screw ups and stay clear of this clown and hope Karma shows up real soon.[/QUOTE

when you build something it should have a spec. You can't build whatever you want or do whatever you want. If I don't have a picture or I don't see it I won't start building except for storm. I hate doing things twice. If you have a real inspector and you have to redo stuff. It usually takes as long to fix it, than do it right the first time. Apprentices should have that spec book all the time. I have seen stupid things, but the guys were such know it all ****s it wasn't worth my time. I seen a guy put #2 for secondary leads and primary leads, tried to correct him but he was those guys who was an expert type. Seen a guy that loved to put spool and clue is under a three spool, because it was easy, and acted energized open wire was an atomic bomb. Seen a lot if stupid things why? Because we have guys with no respect for older lineman and think they invented the trade. And that will never end.

Default Just laugh at it all!

You can't change it. You can only laugh at it. Stupid is stupid! And over the real long run, stupid will lose. That's how life works. When I topped out , I thought I knew a lot. But I didn't. No one does. No one was born with hooks, when you think your smarter and better than everyone else, you will lose in the long run. It's better to be like able and work with people. I have seen so many guys with that romping stomping Line God attitude. And you watch them and they suck. Then they pass that crap attitude to all the apprentices and then they suck. Sucking to me is being afraid of really doing the work, not building things for the next guy, sucking up and blowing management whenever you can, so you can be the next 'it" guy. Your management are always one check from being on a list for work just as you are. The more people you pissed off will be how much harder yourlife will be. That's life in this work!

Default Does he have a CDL?

You paint a clear picture as how the guy is.....this is what Im seeing when you describe this so called lineman.....no laughing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgehbV_AcAU

Default Foreman

My advise to any lineman when it comes to dealing with someone who is working with no respect for what their doing? Bid out,you will be so much ahead of this soap opera and an accident waiting to happen. Your local union should be proactive for you especially since safety is involved-but if you're with Local 204 I can say from personal experience that is not the case. There's a lot of good companies and unions out there. I had no choice but to leave a poor company and union despite 20 years plus with both, but it was an unforeseen blessing. I now work for a great company, excellent union and terrific coworkers where safety is at the top of the list and practiced by all-and I make more money than I ever thought possible. Good karma coming back at me. Good luck-don't be afraid to make life changes-you'll sleep much better and your life may depend on it!
    Birdog37: "Remember we're all on a journey in life, the only difference is, some people know it and some people don't."

Umm I bleve the only solution is to suck it up n do what Linemen do..... Be a leader assume control of the situation and assure everones safety.If that means You hafta take on a few new responsibilitys then jus do it n be the leader your job title says you are. A few stumbling blocks aint nuttin for a lineman

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm I bleve the only solution is to suck it up n do what Linemen do..... Be a leader assume control of the situation and assure everones safety.If that means You hafta take on a few new responsibilitys then jus do it n be the leader your job title says you are. A few stumbling blocks aint nuttin for a lineman
    You know 'OMP'-old man Poot.You are right.That reminds me...here they have gotten rid of people and people have retired,some have died that were in those positions.So you need to fill those positions.and here some/alot of good Jys that dont want it are forced to lead....now thay are stuck with much younger guys that they practically have to baby sit and watch their every move.Which leaves you in the same position as bobbo is in now.But I get your point.

Default All is good thank you

Sometimes you have to stick with a bad situation and it will eventually turn out right. Tired of jumping companies. Eventually people will notice things!

Default All is good thank you

Featured Sponsorr

Sometimes you have to stick with a bad situation and it will eventually turn out right. Tired of jumping companies. Eventually people will notice things! Thank you Lord!