Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

It's always surprised me that the secondary is run at that height. I know it makes it easier to work on from a pair of steps, but I can actually just reach up and touch it from the ground.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
    So why is the guy putting on the cover doing it barehanded? Is he the demonstrator or the trainee?

the trainee was just getting a feel for putting on the covers. Rem these guys have never even seen this stuff before.
    Latter on we livened it up and they did it with gloves ,face shields etc etc .. See pic. .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default My 2 cents worth

Dont mention face sheilds,or they will require us here to wear and climb with them on .To me the guy looks uncomfortable so if he is in hooks how will he be then?Now comes the funny part........I noticed that this seems to be the guy in most of the photos you post.So whats his name and dont you other guys ever do any work or is it all him?.....I cant see our lineman wearing those ****ies......we be jeans guys...........I might as well add on 1 more thing....your ladders are built different than ours are.....everybody knows not to stand on the top step....but Americans do anyway,yours will SURELY TIP OVER..........not American made
    Last edited by reppy007; 02-24-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Dont mention face sheilds,or they will require us here to wear and climb with them on .To me the guy looks uncomfortable so if he is in hooks how will he be then?Now comes the funny part........I noticed that this seems to be the guy in most of the photos you post.So whats his name and dont you other guys ever do any work or is it all him?.....I cant see our lineman wearing those ****ies......we be jeans guys...........I might as well add on 1 more thing....your ladders are built different than ours are.....everybody knows not to stand on the top step....but Americans do anyway,yours will SURELY TIP OVER..........not American made
    They make those ladders idiot proof so guys like you won't try and stand on the top!!

Quote Originally Posted by US & CA Tramp View Post
    They make those ladders idiot proof so guys like you won't try and stand on the top!!
    I noticed that too,good idea.Our companies might just catch on .Then again if it is against the rules,then people will still give it a shot

Default it's all mandatory

Reppy,

It seems the industry our side of the pond is ahead for once, eye protection for many companies has been mandatory for years and faceshields have come into play in the last few.

Even the metering guys are supposed to wear them when withdrawing fuses in case something goes flash.

I have to agree with Clive that working it off steps makes life so much easier

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stulittle View Post
    Reppy,

It seems the industry our side of the pond is ahead for once, eye protection for many companies has been mandatory for years and faceshields have come into play in the last few.

Even the metering guys are supposed to wear them when withdrawing fuses in case something goes flash.

I have to agree with Clive that working it off steps makes life so much easier

Stu
    I cant say that Im against safety Stu,Im from the older school that thought and still think that safety glasses are all you need most of the time...most.And Im not going to instigate,although I am....but you guys didnt invent the ....well you know......the squeeze.Cause if you did you made enemies forever ........kidding ,but I kind want to know and I kind of dont want to know.

Blog Entries

Rep, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but take a look at the changes osha made to 1910.269. Face shields,are coming........😡 glad this will be my last year in the business.......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

You are the bearer of bad news,I guess I could get used to all the new linework rules if I had too...but it would be easier if I was just starting out as a 19 year old.....Rope slings will be all but banned.Blue jeans too.Now I know how the old time lineman felt about having to wear hardhats.....by the way welcome back lbr .You survived those storms I see.

10. Default Hilux cherry picker?

Featured Sponsorr

On a different note,have you used that hilux cherry picker yet,how dose it drive,how much it weigh,our boss hates land rovers with ever fiber in his body but we had to get a couple because they where the only readily available cherry pickers around but have seen/heard these hilux's are the new toy to have and you just know the hilux is practically indestructible