Default Have a question for Canadians?

Featured Sponsor

Seen these structures with guyed off at two points guyed, then hit a yoke plate then one guy with a glass rod pinned to it. What's the reason? Seen bridle guying on top of the pole and end of arms in the US. Do you guys call it bridle guying ? We used a big steel ring, and guyed the end of arms and top of the pole when it was super heavy tight long span. I wish I could draw it.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  86.4 KBYes a picture or drawing would be nice, never heard the term bridle guying. We attach all of our guys directly to the pole using a guy fitting. And the only time we use yokes is when we have to run a guy around something as compared to using a strut guy to go over it like they do in Florida.
    Last edited by lewy; 03-31-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  86.4 KBYes a picture or drawing would be nice, never heard the term bridle guying. We attach all of our guys directly to the pole using a guy fitting. And the only time we use yokes is when we have to run a guy around something as compared to using a strut guy to go over it like they do in Florida.
    Interesting guy attachments....Interesting arrester mounting.

Default What I like about it!

You clear for arms and equipment. A lot of places are trying to build like you guys now. Is it K Line that has that guying plate? I wish the engineers would think of that here. They load equipment on poles with guying, by the time you build everything, you see all the stuff that would get in your way. Pretty good thought by the cannucks wish we had that here!

Any place I have worked , we called it a bridle. Some places now require glass rods down to the neutral , then a guy head , a strain insulator , and steel to the anchor. i am not very fond of building a dip like that , but when in Rome.....

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    You clear for arms and equipment. A lot of places are trying to build like you guys now. Is it K Line that has that guying plate? I wish the engineers would think of that here. They load equipment on poles with guying, by the time you build everything, you see all the stuff that would get in your way. Pretty good thought by the cannucks wish we had that here!
    This type of guying is pretty much standard in most of the province. Riser are built fairly similar as well with stand offs and the stirrups at the bottom, easier to install and remove leads, but you will see more variation on this.

Default Looks clean and safe for climbing and equipment installs on angles.

Looks clean!

Its even cleaner when you build the dip with the circuit , not across both circuits

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Its even cleaner when you build the dip with the circuit , not across both circuits
    If it wasn't a corner we have the option of hanging the switches on the same side as the circuit feeding it, then bring the top and middle on either side and connect the middle switch to the bottom phase.