Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Thanks Swamprat For The Help.

Those are great CH!!

What kind of wood do you use?

Red Oak On Those.but I Could Make Saw Dust Out Of Just About Any Kind Of Tree.

Saw Dust...........what do you mean CH? I took a look at those pics again and it looks like whole grain wood to me. Heh. Tell me what you mean by making any tree out of saw dust.

OH! And what is the black part of this made out of? I can't really tell.

http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/a...tachmentid=651

sorry if you dont get my humor but what i meant was that i can turn the most expensive piece of wood on the planet and cut it exactly an inch to short on a regular basis. or i can continue to screw up the cuts and have a pile of saw dust where there once was a beautiful piece of cherry wood.
    its just a little joke.
    the center is a piece of wood that i cover with just about anything, paper,cloth, thin copper, paint, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO HAND.
    sorry if you dont get my humor but what i meant was that i can turn the most expensive piece of wood on the planet and cut it exactly an inch to short on a regular basis. or i can continue to screw up the cuts and have a pile of saw dust where there once was a beautiful piece of cherry wood.
    its just a little joke.
    the center is a piece of wood that i cover with just about anything, paper,cloth, thin copper, paint, etc.
    OKAY! I gotchya now. Sorry, that did fly right over my head CH! Usually, I am pretty quick on the humor, but I guess I was being too serious for a change!

Either way, it's some nice stuff buddy.

And on the subject of starfields. A bit of video game trivia for all the arcade generation (40ish).

The coin operated video game Galaxians was so popular and used such a useful circuit board that the PCB's were used as the basis for new games and conversions/copies of other games. The starfield in Galaxians was generated by dumb hardware to let the processor deal with all the game action, and tended to be disabled by cutting a PCB track that enabled it.

If you can find an old PacMan rip-off that uses Galaxians hardware then you can make a little modification that turns on the starfield again and Voila! Pac Man with a Glaxians starfield twinkling in the background.

So what's this got to do with linework? Ummmm... Well I guess that there might be linemen who collect old video games or something....

For those of you who did mis-spend their youth in arcades, you might like the site at http://www.mame.net where you can download a free piece of software that lets you run thousands of original coin operated arcade games from copies of their original ROM data.

catfish Guest

Thumbs up lineman

just wanted to let you know that yea i do get it swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat
    I hope there's more people like you sir, That do "get it".
    In THIS day and age, it ain't about "Politics", or which party can "get me more money". It's about America, and the survival of our American Lifestyle, and the belief in the Democracy and Freedom of People.

It's Americas call...which "Party" they think will do that best. Cut thru all the political bullshit and the retoric...It's real clear and obvious to me. But...I'm only 1 American.

We'll see....the direction of America...come November.

Nope it's all about cash. There's a special breed of human who will do anything for money even if it means causing death to others. The best way to achieve wealth in this manner is by getting into politics where the big money is.

As far as your upcoming election goes. It's rigged. You can get all hyped up and vote until you're blue in the face. It won't make any difference, you'll get whichever puppet they give you.

But let's not turn this nice thread into a political rant.....

Default ok

Featured Sponsorr

your objection has been noted. and for your veiwing pleasure any pic I have posted to this thread has been deleted. You have a nice day swamp.