Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default Pal nuts

Featured Sponsor

Clive Nice Photo!

I humbly submit that I have been on all three sides of the pal nut issue

As a lineman i used to hate them (still do) .... not the new install but the removal during rebuild or changing hardware it's a bitch if they have been over torqued and bent.

As a staker as they are part of the new construction spec

As an inspector as I had to justify why to the linemen ... and show them the correct installation to make it easier on the maintenance linehands.

Most folks crank them on too tight causing them to bend. it's hand tight plus 1/4 turn by spec.

RWD

We went to the spring lock a few years ago. Not oppinion as better than a lock nut or not. THey are spec, so they get used!

Nice pics guys!! Clive..............that is one awesome pic buddy! I LOVE it! That right there is a colored pencil artist's dream!!! I love the sepia colored pencil..........and that pic reaps of it. Whew. Really nice.

Great thread to start Swamp! But, all the pics I have are of the carport, house, flowerbed and the boss's baby, The Gambler Boat.

sunset during south dakota storm job
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I need to play with the camera more Swamp. I know this. There has only been a few times that I have caught a "great moment" but not often. I pretty much suck at the pic flick.

That's a nice sunset also OT! South Dakota lookin' good!

Bear_Boomer Guest

Thumbs up Dialin' in

Setting the active turntable on a 500kv disconnect in Mira Loma Sub, near Ontario,Ca. Badass job, this one, got more too!
    Last edited by Bear_Boomer; 12-13-2005 at 10:10 PM. Reason: add icon

Bear_Boomer Guest

Thumbs up settin' the glass

more! And more to come, I got a ton of em.

Those are great Beamer! Keep'em coming!

Bear_Boomer Guest

Cool Dead Line?

Here ya go people! This is the load on 40 miles of dead line, with the grounding switch closed at the other end. There is a paralelled 500 KV line all the way. When I pulled one, it drew a 4 foot flame(the safety was'nt watching when I did that one). IT'S NOT DEAD UNLESS IT'S GROUNDED!!!!!!! P.S. do not try this at home!

Bear_Boomer Guest

Question colors

Featured Sponsorr

How do you show your colors? show me your "rear window". Pick-ups preferred, but some linehands have cars , I reckon. Bear