Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by paul maxwell View Post
    think bobbo losing his cool a wee bit there with all the rat talk first lets go back to the ntxhands first post there was nothing in it about LIVE works so forgive me for miss understaning I forgot yous guys do that over there but over here in gods country we don't because we have learned over 100years ago to build a network that can be worked on DEAD whilst no customer is affected,second of all I dose the term rat mean someone who always have to move yards/companys?coz I think you said yourself bobbo you have been to a number of yards?i myself haven't,just been at one yard for 21 years and never even seen a broken bone in all that time from any of oor guys so belive me when I say that my guys safety is first priority not company or cash.lastly that's poor taste to bring a guys death into a post like it was his fault or something wtf man do you think he wanted to go like that!!we got a wee saying over here it gose "be your brothers keeper" something we take very seriously bobbo maybe you can try it over there buddy.
    Good post Paul. We also have redundancy in our system where we can bridge and keep most people in while we work the trouble de-energized in a clearance and in storm work we never work without rubber gloves and sleeves. Not every utility is this fortunate. We are also trained to work every condition safely.

We don't work in the rain unless it's an emergency. I find it hard to believe that no one works live over there, otherwise why would this company exist?
    http://www.catalogmachine.com/ukusp/...l?gallery=true

http://www.spenergynetworks.co.uk/us...head_Lines.pdf

Default Spen

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    We don't work in the rain unless it's an emergency. I find it hard to believe that no one works live over there, otherwise why would this company exist?
    http://www.catalogmachine.com/ukusp/...l?gallery=true

http://www.spenergynetworks.co.uk/us...head_Lines.pdf
    I have worked for Scotish power over the years...( I am still athorised under the SCOTISH Power Energy Network rules ) .S.P.E.N .
    OF COURSE they have procedures for live line working. As I said WE USED TO work live. And still have the procedures in place to do so. WHAT HAS CHANGED ...." IS... " THERE HAS TO BE NO WAY IT CAN BE DONE DEAD". ( and money can never be given as a reason for working live. ).
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default By the old crib

Streets are wet...it just rained,some lineman wouldnt work in it so thats why the fire dept had to step in.............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KqahY4RnEA

5. Default

Interesting thread. Our distro is 4 kv. We've worked it live with gloves/sleeves in the rain for emergencies. I'm talking #4 solid copper line wire, single phase runs. Always wondered what other people do.

Default Not macho, just u stupid!

Whoever works in the rain on live hot electrical above 600 is a rat. You can work on it with sticks. That's fine. Sorry if you feel different. When 100 years before you says don't do it and you do it. Means your a company hero, double book piece of **** rat. You have no concerns about conditions and no concern about anyone else. You are probably divorced, pay alimony, don't make anything at the end of the week. Sorry for you. But we don't destroy conditions. No working in the rain for normal work! Sorry if you don't believe in that you are rat! Been that way for the history of linework! No macho belief. Just the way it is. And that's the way it has been since electricity started. The Northwest sticks in the rain. That's fine. Gloving in the rain is not allowed. If you do it, shame on you. You are destroying conditions. If you got butt hurt them you deserve it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    I have worked for Scotish power over the years...( I am still athorised under the SCOTISH Power Energy Network rules ) .S.P.E.N .
    OF COURSE they have procedures for live line working. As I said WE USED TO work live. And still have the procedures in place to do so. WHAT HAS CHANGED ...." IS... " THERE HAS TO BE NO WAY IT CAN BE DONE DEAD". ( and money can never be given as a reason for working live. ).
    I don't work for Scottish Power. We work hot energized and I have done it for 20 years. Don't work in the rain energized. Because my contract says not to do it and this my union hall. We don't do it. We don't consider it. Your sugar cube is a slap in the face to anyone who is a union man. We do what the contract says! That's it!

bobbo....It sounds like the Northwest sticks everything.It doesnt matter if they stick or glove....If its raining ...its still rain.Now I have heard that in the NW they even have rubber glove certifications....before working there you must be certified for that.Thats extreme to me.....a good lineman knows linework,and works safe.....but he doesnt need to be certified for everything on earth.....next might be skinning wire certifications.....shovel certifications/ect

Default Not losing cool

Quote Originally Posted by paul maxwell View Post
    think bobbo losing his cool a wee bit there with all the rat talk first lets go back to the ntxhands first post there was nothing in it about LIVE works so forgive me for miss understaning I forgot yous guys do that over there but over here in gods country we don't because we have learned over 100years ago to build a network that can be worked on DEAD whilst no customer is affected,second of all I dose the term rat mean someone who always have to move yards/companys?coz I think you said yourself bobbo you have been to a number of yards?i myself haven't,just been at one yard for 21 years and never even seen a broken bone in all that time from any of oor guys so belive me when I say that my guys safety is first priority not company or cash.lastly that's poor taste to bring a guys death into a post like it was his fault or something wtf man do you think he wanted to go like that!!we got a wee saying over here it gose "be your brothers keeper" something we take very seriously bobbo maybe you can try it over there buddy.
    Why give something awAy for free! Don't give your know how and knowledge up for anything. And I will never do it. Sorry Won't work energized in rain unless I get paid. Guess what, thank god everyone in my local thinks the same! We won't screw our brothers!

Default It's easy now to be rat!

Featured Sponsorr

In the U.S. And you see something is not right. Your treated criminal. I have work energized in the rain. I did it. I am never let anyone else do it. I got stuck! With hooks it's pretty painful! Bucket, it still sucks but not as bad. No man should ever do it! With our cell phones everyone can see storms coming. I finally chose my work to where they have good conditions.... Everyone top down knows what has to be done to get the power on. The top managers, dispatchers and they know what needs to be done. Not many power companies can do this! Sad, these power companies don't have a clue what needs to be done. That's not my fault. ThAts their fault. No one on this site makes what they make. So why be a hero? If your general manager makes three times as much. And the CEO makes 1000 times as much why be a hero? Just do your job? and if they don't do anything to make your job safer and better, screw them! Follow the rules your local gave you!!!!!