Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Featured Sponsor

I agree , follow your contract. It took a lot of blood sweat and tears to get the contracts we have now. Do not give up anything !!!!

Default They are stick only.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    bobbo....It sounds like the Northwest sticks everything.It doesnt matter if they stick or glove....If its raining ...its still rain.Now I have heard that in the NW they even have rubber glove certifications....before working there you must be certified for that.Thats extreme to me.....a good lineman knows linework,and works safe.....but he doesnt need to be certified for everything on earth.....next might be skinning wire certifications.....shovel certifications/ect
    It rains over 200 days a year.they maybe glove of under 5 kv. I am sure they have their rules there. If it's raining buckets I am sure they won't work until it passes. Those guys are outfitted with all the hot sticks they need to do the work safely. They Christmas tree with their buckets and even digger booms. They have stick trailers with cotter key pullers, pin pullers, wedding rings, all kinds of connector sticks. And they know how to use them. They don't touch the wire. In British Columbia I think that's a stick only province, same situation.

people are all screaming safety! Seriously how safe is working in the rain. You can't see through your mandated eyewear. You can't hear through your mandated hardhat because it beats like a drum. Whatever rain gear you have is going to leak and you will be soaked. Your bucket liner turns into a bathtub. Your gear smells like wet sneaker funk for weeks. I will never do that for regular work and regular time.

If I am on emergency work, all premium, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    It rains over 200 days a year.they maybe glove of under 5 kv. I am sure they have their rules there. If it's raining buckets I am sure they won't work until it passes. Those guys are outfitted with all the hot sticks they need to do the work safely. They Christmas tree with their buckets and even digger booms. They have stick trailers with cotter key pullers, pin pullers, wedding rings, all kinds of connector sticks. And they know how to use them. They don't touch the wire. In British Columbia I think that's a stick only province, same situation.

people are all screaming safety! Seriously how safe is working in the rain. You can't see through your mandated eyewear. You can't hear through your mandated hardhat because it beats like a drum. Whatever rain gear you have is going to leak and you will be soaked. Your bucket liner turns into a bathtub. Your gear smells like wet sneaker funk for weeks. I will never do that for regular work and regular time.

If I am on emergency work, all premium, that's a different story.
    100kv volts of protection for every foot on a stick, they even have umbrellas to break tracking at the minimum approach on their sticks.

when you get 200+ days a year of rain. It's not wise to glove.

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Bobbo, we glove 15kv on our property. Work in the rain only to restore in outage mode. We stick above 15kv. We don't stick in the rain, ever. We never expose our sticks to moisture, that's our rules here. If it's raining and we gotta restore above 15kv, we deenergize and ground.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt