Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21

    Default

    Featured Sponsor

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    Much as I hate to say it, the supposed decline of this board, had EVERYTHING to do with the hate and intimidation of the gang of union thugs, The Same group of people that Sbatts...says are his "friends" on facebook . Danny Brown, Topgroove, High Plains Drifter, Fiberglass cowboy, Electriklady, NOT to forget the Canadian Lineman... that created the sick filth videos ...when they were banned. Pieces of progressive filth...every one of em...:-) I know, I know....most of you don't have any CLUE what I'm talking about...and that's good....:-)
    While I agree that some of the people you named posted some very inappropriate and downright ugly things, but the majority of their post's were no worse than your's, you baited some of those people daily and you loved it as much as some of them did, but the bottom line is that they are gone and as you say most new members here "don't have a clue what you are talking about" and that can be a good thing as the past is the past and I for one would hate to see it go back to all that hate and discontent. Charlie.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New York, Long Island
    Posts
    343

    Default Gotta Agree

    Charlie is right. I was one of those that left and came back years later. And Greg, It was coming from both sides.
    But now is a good time to keep it moving in the right direction.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    1,716

    Default Not sure how much hassle it would be.

    How about if a person starts a thread and nobody but him/her respond to it after a week, it just gets removed?
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    And Greg, It was coming from both sides.
    But now is a good time to keep it moving in the right direction.
    Yes it was Rob. The difference was Rob...when batsihts mob, couldn't shut down my opinions about union, and their intimidation, that's when the hate, death threats, nasty vids, attacks on tracy, and all the other filth that batts union mob started. There was not Sides Rob. "I" was the one that "disagreed" with the union thugs. Nobody wanted anything to do with me, or rarely sided with me, because of the backlash of the union Mob. I just held my opinion man...still do. THAT is when the batsiht mob...went filth and nasty. Now that that filth is gone...the board is definitely a better place.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

  5. #25

    Default

    OK, so maybe we can drop it....

    The point I was really trying to make is that I don't want to be high handed when dealing with this forum but, sometimes I have to take action.

    Sorry I picked it open.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    sometimes I have to take action.
    "Release the Krackin!!!"
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edna Kansas
    Posts
    4,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    Much as I hate to say it, the supposed decline of this board, had EVERYTHING to do with the hate and intimidation of the gang of union thugs, The Same group of people that Sbatts...says are his "friends" on facebook . Danny Brown, Topgroove, High Plains Drifter, Fiberglass cowboy, Electriklady, NOT to forget the Canadian Lineman... that created the sick filth videos ...when they were banned. Pieces of progressive filth...every one of em...:-) I know, I know....most of you don't have any CLUE what I'm talking about...and that's good....:-)
    Those UNION THUGS, WHERE THE ONES POSTING Transformer drawings, and information related to line work. We saw your best in these threads on knowledge in the trade. Who dresses out your Christmas Lights? The Christmas Fairy? You were tripped up so many times, about basic linework, you became the poster child, against what is wrong with these non union companies. This is one union that is getting stronger, and not losing contractors or power companies. That last post to a wannabee you made. I sent him a sure thing for an apprenticeship. That is the only reason I even pother to come back. Check out the death rate between union and non union. You have never been able to explain why your eyes are to bad for combat, but you can hold a CDL. See to be a lineman swamprat, your vision must be correctable to 20/25. It is a Federal DOT Regulation. So you good old boy lie to each other, I talked to Danny Brown, and told him just drop in to see what this site has become, and he didn't think so. Electriklady is still out there working despite some here didn't think women belonged in the trade, just like Ruby had to prove herself half. her life in this trade.So keep running your rat mouth about union thugs. I could care less if I am banned. I remember when they took a poll, here, and it was 9 to one union, now you have about 9 regular poster, and unless it has changed, Powerlineman,com Facebook is about as dead.
    Why did the first electrical workers feel the need to Unionize? To give you something to rail against? No. Because there was a 50% mortality rate in the business. Safety! IT IS STILL TRUE TODAY!

  8. #28

    Default

    Hey, it definitely was the end of an era.

    And like I have said, I am sorry it all happened. From where I am sitting here at my desk in Hygiene Colorado the Forums simply self-destructed right in front of me. The users themselves, (all of the ones posting on both sides) destroyed one of the best resources for Linemen that has ever been.
    FREE EXCHAGE OF IDEAS among all Linemen with no other influence. No filter, no companies..no nothing, but you guys…

    There will always be and ever be, the “Union vs. Non-union” fight. And I do mean fight, not argument.….. But, there is no point in the rest of us watching you kick the **** out of each other. It’s like a bar fight with no end. It’s a bunch of half-drunk Linemen trying to be bad ass..

    I have to agree with Steve that we did lose an awful lot of the talent from this Forum when those guys left. It makes me sick because I personally still have a good feeling for most of them and to see their names reminds me of how much good and positive things that they contributed to this Forum and even the Magazine…. Guys like Danny Brown, he had always been a very good contributor and I still think of him on friendly terms... They helped make it great and I know that they are good people and very good Linemen.

    Most of the Linemen I have ever met in my life are Salt of the earth type people and they have good hearts and they are strong of will and stout of heart and they don’t like to be defeated….. Ever. Most of them are good (or at least trying to be good) Family men. As a whole, Linemen are some of the best people on earth. I have always told my daughter that if she is in another town and gets into trouble, go find the nearest Line crew because I know the general character of them even though I have never met them. I know they will help.

    I have been to every International Lineman’s Rodeo (ILR) since 1997. I have a booth in the trade show every year. Many of you have come up and shook my hand and I am always pleased to meet another Lineman. For the past few years Powerlineman has provided a couple of kegs of beer in appreciation. This year, the kegs will be set up in the Lobby of the Sheridan Hotel on Friday night just after the trade show and before the BBQ. It is right under the picture of the bull and thunderstorm as you head for the breeze way.. You can’t miss it. FREE BEER!

    I would give money to see Steve and Swamp meet in person… Nothing better than tow grown men rolling around in the gravel... Or any of you guys… I want to meet you! I’m just putting it out there… I will be there, I will buy the beer, stop by so I can put a face to you. I personally have no hard feeling with any of you other than the fact that you ****ed up the Forums but, I don’t have a dog in the fight…. As the owner of the asylum, I don’t give a **** what your opinion is on anything or what side you are on…. My function here is to provide the Forum. That’s all.

    Here on the Forums, things get out of control. We are not face to face and many of us are half drunk..

    I don’t know what the answer is but, I sure hate to see the Forums having troubles. It has so much potential in so many ways.

  9. #29

    Default hanging AROUND

    You will see why I titled it hanging around in a second.Guess its time to chime in....well Byron Id say you have been fair,IMO anyway.Yea we sometimes disagree,but thats what lineman do,their have been some name-calling,but thats to be expected.If this site shut down us guys would miss it.Its the only place any lineman in the world can post,ask questions,share photos,vids.....its ours,thanks to you.I could bad mouth you for banning me,but it wouldnt help a bit.I kind of forced you to do it when I mentioned you being your own man.But thats the past.Anyway I wanted to share with the guys what I was doing while banned for a week......anyone know what a pole pusher is?......now you do......I felt like I was hung out to dry.....kidding ....well a pole pusher is the guy who opens the trap door by pushing a pole. http://longstreet.typepad.com/thesci...d-another.html
    Last edited by reppy007; 07-26-2015 at 03:26 AM.

  10. Default

    Featured Sponsorr

    Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Those UNION THUGS, WHERE THE ONES POSTING Transformer drawings, and information related to line work. We saw your best in these threads on knowledge in the trade. Who dresses out your Christmas Lights? The Christmas Fairy? You were tripped up so many times, about basic linework, you became the poster child, against what is wrong with these non union companies. This is one union that is getting stronger, and not losing contractors or power companies. That last post to a wannabee you made. I sent him a sure thing for an apprenticeship. That is the only reason I even pother to come back. Check out the death rate between union and non union. You have never been able to explain why your eyes are to bad for combat, but you can hold a CDL. See to be a lineman swamprat, your vision must be correctable to 20/25. It is a Federal DOT Regulation. So you good old boy lie to each other, I talked to Danny Brown, and told him just drop in to see what this site has become, and he didn't think so. Electriklady is still out there working despite some here didn't think women belonged in the trade, just like Ruby had to prove herself half. her life in this trade.So keep running your rat mouth about union thugs. I could care less if I am banned. I remember when they took a poll, here, and it was 9 to one union, now you have about 9 regular poster, and unless it has changed, Powerlineman,com Facebook is about as dead.
    Talked to Danny a couple of weeks ago. For whatever reason I happened to login here and seen this. Just a few months ago I turn on the TV and there was Byron....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •