Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Power and Ice

Featured Sponsor

Sorry ,but this show is going nowhere. The production company has done a big dis-service to the trade. Surely, even in Alaska, there are days that things go as planned. I salute all you linemen in Alaska. I have worked in my time in Minus 25 actual with a heavy wind and it is was tough work.Stay safe.
    "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    I bleve that crummy pole hookup was the operators fault he opened the claws n turned it loose at the top I ALSO bleve the foreman did the actual hookup
    Kinda strange when they got the pole in the claw it was a little butt heavy, then when he "accidently" opened the claw too soon it mysteriously got top heavy..... Looked planned and over dramatized......

Show me the line work, I'll find that interesting, leave the drama out. Ain't no way I'd wanna work in those conditions on a regular basis.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

In my opinion , we do not need a show like this , it makes us look like a bunch of stumblebums. Weather conditions are not an excuse, we here in the great white north deal with it all the time, so do most lineman. I would far rather see the show present lineman the way they are , hard working , hard playing , caring fellas , that all want to get the work done and go home to their family. I agree with Labor, over dramatised.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    In my opinion , we do not need a show like this , it makes us look like a bunch of stumblebums. Weather conditions are not an excuse, we here in the great white north deal with it all the time, so do most lineman. I would far rather see the show present lineman the way they are , hard working , hard playing , caring fellas , that all want to get the work done and go home to their family. I agree with Labor, over dramatised.
    Very well said Rob!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

I noticed that when the pick up truck got away and crashed down the hill.... they had a perfect camera angle to watch it the whole way down along with a dash cam looking inside the cab..

Just watched my first episode where they are stringing. I know they are adding stuff for drama, but some stuff they are doing could not be done more wrong.

7. Default

It's so out of order its not funny. You've got one crew who is struggling on Kodiak to set poles, and they've got 6 set, then the next episode is them stringing wire, then the next episode they're back to setting poles and when the last pole is set they're done with the job. WTF is that?

Im just guessing cause I dont watch the show.If everything went right it wouldnt get high ratings,It would become boring like news without bad news .....this is some type of reality show isnt it?Anyway Im thankful that I dont work in freezing parts of the country...I wonder what the bar scene is like up there,busy I bet due to the harsh weather.

Featured Sponsorr

This show sucks. If I did line work in Alaska, I'd be embarrassed. I have a feeling line work in Alaska is in for a change in the near future.