Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power and Ice

Default Power and Ice

Featured Sponsor

Any body else been watchin this on the history channel? Its all about the alaskan linemen and the difficulties they face every day In any case they are some tuff son of a guns. Freezing cold weather horrible logistic prollems and thru it all they keep coming back for more its mind boggling and way more than I could ever endure

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Any body else been watchin this on the history channel? Its all about the alaskan linemen and the difficulties they face every day In any case they are some tuff son of a guns. Freezing cold weather horrible logistic prollems and thru it all they keep coming back for more its mind boggling and way more than I could ever endure
    YoU been spying on me?Reason I say that is because today I searched Alaska lineman ,didnt find much.And wondered if they have some type of sleighs that carry poles.....poor dogs

Default I did find Bam Bam

The name fits him well.........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWALu-4XBY4......AND I think this is what your talking about Poot......Is it not?...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpK5fmGgGdQ
    Last edited by reppy007; 09-04-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Sho nuff iz

The question I would have Poot is why make it more dangerous than it already is?Now I wouldnt mind working in Alaska....for a second,then send me back home.

Default photos of Alaska

Really pretty place..take a look.....hey guys .....isnt there an area in Alaska where it stays dark for months?That must get old.....a bottle might help..............https://www.flickr.com/groups/56425241@N00/pool/

Heard about that show but didn't watch it yet. Just hope they have enough respect for the trade and their brothers not to dramatize it with a lot of staged accident BS. Our trade is close knit and respect from the public is paramount. Hope they edit it with a focus towards inspiring, and education and the humbleness of the men, at least the one's I know. The ratings will come, I know it.

I watched a few bits and pieces of the first show last night, of course the Southern 500 was on and was much more interesting. I did see one part where a couple of fells were trying to set a pole with an RBD. Looks like they caught it wrong and the fella on the butt got tossed around like a rag doll. I felt ashamed!

Cool

I expected to see a little more linework. So far mostly just cussin and arguing. We all know lineman are good at that. Respect the guys for the conditions they work in. Been retired for almost 16 yr now, so what do I know,right. was embarrassed by that hookup on that pole set also. Stay warm.
    "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Featured Sponsorr

I bleve that crummy pole hookup was the operators fault he opened the claws n turned it loose at the top I ALSO bleve the foreman did the actual hookup