Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cluster rack

Default Cluster rack

Featured Sponsor

Has anyone used this type of cluster rack? https://www.flickr.com/photos/jforge...ol-powerlines/

Ummmm yes that was the norm when I started out it was possible to mount all 3 pots and hang the hole shootin match at one time

We use 1 very similar, like poot said build the bank on the ground then hang it. I would post a pic, but to difficult on this site.

Blog Entries

Used lots of em, they don't buy em anymore but they were stout and well built.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Kinda makes me think back on how we did things to overcome every obstacle like adding weight to a pole butt when we didnt have enough stick to set it or even using 2 potential transformers with a light bulb tween em for a phasing tool I recon our lil brains worked overtime everday

Used them for years, now mostly aluminum clusters for any bank of pots below 100 kva.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Used them for years, now mostly aluminum clusters for any bank of pots below 100 kva.
    You isnt making me feel any better....everybody has seen them except me.Thats the first time Ive seen one.....Im 30 -40 or even 50 years behind.....thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    You isnt making me feel any better....everybody has seen them except me.Thats the first time Ive seen one.....Im 30 -40 or even 50 years behind.....thanks again
    Out of curiousity , just what did you all hang bank pots on?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Ill get you a pic as soon as I can,it was a two part type of cluster rack,with bolts holding them together.....but now I got you.....I wouldnt suppose that you guys have also rode in the rear of a line truck like this one.....4th photo down ..........http://wallawalladrazanphotos.blogsp...esence-in.html

Yup, I rode in the "man cab"...... Thank god those days are long gone!!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

LNF ..we used a cluster rack....pole collars with hangers attached....a cluster rack,then the alumin. types.....but not like the old one in the photo....and Ive never seen anyone hang 2 or three at one time...You guys are kidding me....thats real funny.....nice try guys ...but I aint Bren.