Default Jobs in UK/Ireland/SA/Australia

Featured Sponsor

Is it hard to get a job as an American doing linework in any of these countries? Do you know of anyone who has done it ? How do they live there? On a visa or how?

Default In Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by ntxhand View Post
    Is it hard to get a job as an American doing linework in any of these countries? Do you know of anyone who has done it ? How do they live there? On a visa or how?
    Im in Ireland and my company's hiring.
    U
    google ( lines mans jobs Ireland. My company is called Sierra.
    But we are hiring under the name SIRO.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    U
    How do you like the new company Bren?Do they treat you guys better than the companies in the past?

Default Nmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    How do you like the new company Bren?Do they treat you guys better than the companies in the past?
    Hard to compare really reppy. The wages are in the bank every week " no problem" they are " as usual" mad on safety .. Vechiles ,training etc etc are very good. The job is a piece of cake. ( hanging fibre cable on switched out lines").
    But the money is a lot less than I'm used to..but I'm home every night and no ferries etc So I'm happy. But more money would be nice. Probably on about two thirds of Uk rates. Plus the uk " sterling is at an all time high against the euro. So miss out on Changing money into euros when I travelled home.

Hard to compare really reppy. The wages are in the bank every week " no problem" they are " as usual" mad on safety .. Vechiles ,training etc etc are very good. The job is a piece of cake. ( hanging fibre cable on switched out lines").
    But the money is a lot less than I'm used to..but I'm home every night and no ferries etc So I'm happy. But more money would be nice. Probably on about two thirds of Uk rates. Plus the uk " sterling is at an all time high against the euro. So miss out on Changing money into euros when I travelled home.
    Hey, being home every night has to count for something.Bottom line is if you are happy.A little less $$$ never hurt anyone,unless your name is Trump.For me it works out great cause I never run out of things to do here at home.And today is no different...I can spend several hours a day working on the yard.And I never finish cause time goes by so quickly.And its great sleeping in my own bed

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Hey, being home every night has to count for something.Bottom line is if you are happy.A little less $$$ never hurt anyone,unless your name is Trump.For me it works out great cause I never run out of things to do here at home.And today is no different...I can spend several hours a day working on the yard.And I never finish cause time goes by so quickly.And its great sleeping in my own bed
    The downside to being home all the time is I GOTTA do the chores now as well ....and I feel sorry for my missus. She's had the bed to herself for 9 years. ( or so she says LOL ).

Its hard getting into the " being at home routine".
    Still find myself watching the clock on Sunday night " in case I miss the ferry".

U
    What does it pay if you don't mind me asking? Is it paid hourly ? Daily in some cases I've seen. Why not work for some place like Western Power or Northern grid? What are th advantages to working in any one certain place?

Default Uwell

Featured Sponsorr

[QUOTE=ntxhand;146960]What does it pay if you don't mind me asking? Is it paid hourly ? Daily in some cases I've seen. Why not work for some place like Western Power or Northern grid? What are th advantages to working in any one certain place?[/QUOTE

750 euros per week after tax etc.
    Thats pretty crap money for a linesman. , a third less than I was on in the uk.
    BUT EASIEST JOB IVE EVER HAD..
    Installing fibre optic on dead lines. And I'm home every night ( only 30 miles from my home to site)

Worked away way from home for many many years. Not just the last nine years But off and on was away from home most of my working life. So it's about work life balance for me ( I is getting OLD. ).