Thread: aep

Hybrid View

1. Default aep

Anyone shed any light on the conditions for AEP in the trouble dept? No news good news?

2. Default

Were they having some issues? I know a lot of companies have made the Troubleman job less attractive for the more experienced Linemen. Is the Troubleman job there part of the Lineman progression?

3. Default

I'm just inquiring what the working conditions are like at AEP on the trouble side. Don't know anything about the company. Some will just run you in the ground asking for your soul. Don't know if its a dead end there or.......just don't know anything about them. Contract good? I know they have system council with a master agreement.....

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas_ View Post
    I'm just inquiring what the working conditions are like at AEP on the trouble side. Don't know anything about the company. Some will just run you in the ground asking for your soul. Don't know if its a dead end there or.......just don't know anything about them. Contract good? I know they have system council with a master agreement.....
    I do know AEP Texas is non-union but AEP-Swepco is union. I have some buddies that work in Longviewno area I think only the Longview service center might have designated troubleman and the rest of the small areas run it like they do in Tyler, service handles trouble until they need a crew. I think they are a decent company. I can ask if you have any specific questions