Default Freightliner acted stupid

Featured Sponsor

My everyday truck is an Altec aa55e on a freightliner chassis 4x4 cummins with "def"

Ive been noticing lately that when I come to a stop and sit for more than 5 or 10 sec. I have a burning smell coming from my vents with the fan on or off cool or hot

I've have had the whole system checked and cleaned mechanic even put a new blower fan in because they tend to get shorted when washing because the intake vent does not have enough protection from a pressure sprayer

just in curiosity have any of u experienced this or know what it could be

thanks
    jb

Umm what is DEF? please

Diesel exhaust fluid

I can't say for sure , but I know I had a similar issue with an International a couple of years ago, right about the time I had to run the regeneration cycle.

Featured Sponsorr

I was just curious since the cooling system provides cooling through the exhaust that this could possibly be something making the heater core get hotter than normal and make it stink

seems it has gotten better over the last few days

guys just be aware of the 2012 models we had one catch a fire about a year ago due to a faulty wiring harness it has since been fixed...

i have already checked my harness as best as could but still haven't figured out the burning smell

i will keep y'all updated if I find anything