Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Here is what I don't get.

Featured Sponsor

In the south their mortality rate is a lot higher than the North for a lineman. But these super huge companies want southerners in the foreman and GF ranks in their companies? And they preach safety. They consider Northerners as dumb stupid and lazy, the ones I have met so far. Everyone of the says"we really work in the south!". Everyone of them has said that.

So since they die at higher rate? Does that mean they work at a 48% higher rate?

they scream and holler more than Northern guys. Northern guys get along better. Work tighter and care about eachother more. I never thought that as a bad thing..

what at do these big companies want? They say they want this, but who they hire as running jobs is another thing.

i have yet to see better lineman than my friends I have. If a good lineman screams, cries, likes to bellyache drama, and is unprepared always, and drive foreign cars, hands down they are better lineman.

Idont blevethat whata guy drives is any indication of what kinda lineman he is or aint.

Quote Originally Posted by pootnaigle View Post
    idont blevethat whata guy drives is any indication of what kinda lineman he is or aint.
    C.P. USED TO DRIVE A HEARSE.....NO shit

Bobbo, where did you get your information about the mortality rate of Southern lineman? If you would post some links, I would like to read up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Bobbo, where did you get your information about the mortality rate of Southern lineman? If you would post some links, I would like to read up on it.
    I would also like to see that info,and while he is at it I would like to see how he figures driving a foreign vehicle makes a better lineman,politics are getting old.And I need a good laugh tonight.

Default Here is what I see

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I would also like to see that info,and while he is at it I would like to see how he figures driving a foreign vehicle makes a better lineman,politics are getting old.And I need a good laugh tonight.
    I see a lot of direct solicitation of work. Which is not allowed up North, but happens all the time.

They double book the halls. Where they are working, and wait for a call to get in a better rate, which is not allowed up north, but they do. So a guy who is rightfully out of work has no chance to get a call has a guy who is working in front of them. And the sad thing is they work non union until something opens up North.'if that happens up North, we face charges and lose our tickets. Drove in a crummy with guys and they said they were working Pike a week before.

they like to make buddies with GFs. A real Union guy doesn't suck up to anyone. A Union guy doesn't back stabs co workers instead of confronting issues with a co worker which a real Union guy does.They gossip and chatter like high school girls.

and they are so company. If there is something goes wrong to over improvising because they don't have the right equipment, material,'then they go after the men.

and the portability rules, the companies break all the time. Especially on big jobs. Portability is fine with a walk through hall. Portability is fine when a guy has run a run a rope rig or knows the companies tensioner inside and out.

And when when the companies lay off, it's sad that they don't keep the locals for the button up work.

and I have seen it many times. They don't like the locals, but the locals are the ones that created the great pay, benefits and conditions. Not them. When I travel have a deep respect of the local hands. And I have made lifelong friends doing that. By signing book 2, means you respect the conditions of that local if they put you out to work. It's not a free ride.

and driving a Toyota to a Union job is downright ridiculous!

I understand now......

I'm still real interested in the morality rate of Southern lineman, if you would post up those links with that information so I can read up on it.

Default Really??

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I understand now......
    Im still lost.....
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Default I agree poot

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Idont blevethat whata guy drives is any indication of what kinda lineman he is or aint.
    Everyone has there own shit going on... I'd like to see every Lineman in a Ford Raptor, me included. But sometimes priorities take precedent.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."