Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    1,715

    Default Here is what I know

    Featured Sponsor

    If you are a lineman that cannot get a job, there is a damn good reason.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

  2. #12

    Default The Right to Work Push in MI OH

    Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Bobbo, where did you get your information about the mortality rate of Southern lineman? If you would post some links, I would like to read up on it.
    The mortality of a worker in a right to work state is 48 percent higher according to the AFL CIO.

  3. #13

    Default When you got guys signing books working rat meantime,

    Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    If you are a lineman that cannot get a job, there is a damn good reason.
    If you get your none screwing others that's a problem!

  4. #14

    Default Enjoying the benefits of collective bargaining but not for others is wrong.

    Drive any vehicle you want. But if you get collective bargaining wages and not supporting collective bargaining in your purchases. You are slitting your own throat. People did that and guess what, you will see Pike Trucks. If you work for a power company and they outsource your work to non Union. After a few years Pike will do your work. In 1970 30%'of labor,was Union. Now we are 6%. Do you what you want that's fine. but that nice rate we have is due to collective bargaining.

    As Union labor is diminishing day by day. And you go to Wal Mart, buy Japanese and Chinese stuff. And don't support the UAW or any other Union, you are slitting your own throats!

    i don't want to work Pike anytime. Union lineman keep buying jap crap and rice burners you probably will!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,503
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I totally agree Bobbo......!!!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    994

    Default

    A result of unions is non-union companies have to pay higher wages to keep semi-decent help. They would just love to pay less than they do. The trouble today is , the me generation doesn't understand the union mentality. They are too busy thinking of themselves to understand how much more power there is as a group. I agree 100% , unions should support other unions, then growth will happen here!

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    The mortality of a worker in a right to work state is 48 percent higher according to the AFL CIO.
    Just about every article on those higher mortality rates talks about fishing, farming and logging, not one mention of lineman. While I do agree that some of the non-union contractors do a poor job of training some of their young help and seem to think that sleeves and rubber overshoes are better than proper training, that's not a Southern lineman thing, that's an industry wide problem. A lot of us Southern lineman haven't lost a thing up the country and don't want your work, we only generally go to help on storm breaks to help out, we are happy right down here where we are. Charlie.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Just about every article on those higher mortality rates talks about fishing, farming and logging, not one mention of lineman. While I do agree that some of the non-union contractors do a poor job of training some of their young help and seem to think that sleeves and rubber overshoes are better than proper training, that's not a Southern lineman thing, that's an industry wide problem. A lot of us Southern lineman haven't lost a thing up the country and don't want your work, we only generally go to help on storm breaks to help out, we are happy right down here where we are. Charlie.
    We had one death in August 2014 in that was the last death I have seen in my state. In Florida I see one every two months. We get them all the notifications all the time. Whatever Mastech is or who they are, they need to.get out of this business. We have so many Florida hands in the east and Midwest, they have left shitty conditions and treated like shit. A lot of them are my friends. They don't agree how the south is! Ratty! I am not against you. I am just not into treating men like shit. Guy I know hasn't been paid for two weeks and he worked in Melbourne. What company gets out of paying people? The weather is nice. I will vacation there but never work there. Need to get control of that place somehow. There were a lot of great lineman from there, but as soon as the rate went down, a lot of men left and never went back.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    If you get your none screwing others that's a problem!
    Union linemen in Michigan are working, if there is not an issue with them.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Featured Sponsorr

    Most union lineman are working here too!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •