Thread: Ibew 66

Angry Ibew 66

Featured Sponsor

Just wanted to drop in and say this is our second contract that just passed a few days ago with 66 and I've never felt like they turned their backs on us till now. The seasoned employees saw this coming from a mile away. The negotiations were sold out before they ever began, the Assistant BA told me on the phone they were going to try to get this done as quick as possible and fix some minor things and push it through. Our negotiating committee was railroaded into this agenda that was set before they even called them up and the deal was already made we feel before pen was put to paper. The company threw money on it to make it go away with some raises which address their shortage of lineman and lineman leaving. 66 sold us down river and left a bad taste in alot of people's mouths, even some saying if there was ever a de-cert vote , they would vote it out.

Blog Entries

Ntx, what employer?
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Ntx, what employer?
    Probably The old HL&P or CenterPoint Energy Started there in 1967, got my Journeyman Lineman ticket with a 2 year apprenticeship, and beat feet to Construction, and never looked back.

http://www.centerpointenergy.com/en-...ompany-history
    Why did the first electrical workers feel the need to Unionize? To give you something to rail against? No. Because there was a 50% mortality rate in the business. Safety! IT IS STILL TRUE TODAY!