1. Default please help, need opinions and advice, currently a ibew member. inside wiremen

Featured Sponsor

hey guys, i need some advice and help im currently a Inside wiremen apprentice for local 11 los angeles, i love what i do and its fun however iv always wanted to become a linemen especially a ariel linemen, the thrill and excitment. my question is should i stop the inside wiremen program and go to a linemen school and is a linemen school like northwest linemen college worth the money, thanks in advance. hope to hear some good advice. any feed back would be helpful.

Blog Entries

Stay a narrowback, top out and change your ticket later. Don't even consider NW linesman school while you've got an IBEW apprentice spot.

DO NOT STOP THE APPRENTICESHIP!!!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Stay a narrowback, top out and change your ticket later. Don't even consider NW linesman school while you've got an IBEW apprentice spot.

DO NOT STOP THE APPRENTICESHIP!!!
    The brother is right, don't quit, and the skills can be carried over. Besides any line company doing connections of electrical service must have a licensed electrician on the payroll.
    Why did the first electrical workers feel the need to Unionize? To give you something to rail against? No. Because there was a 50% mortality rate in the business. Safety! IT IS STILL TRUE TODAY!

4. Default

okay thankyou for the help guys, i just dont wanna get to old to become a linemen, thats my main goal in life. ill be 25 by the time i journey out of the inside wiremen program. thanks brothers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cammack36 View Post
    okay thankyou for the help guys, i just dont wanna get to old to become a linemen, thats my main goal in life. ill be 25 by the time i journey out of the inside wiremen program. thanks brothers.
    Ive worked,with guys that came over in their 40's. 25, just a kid😉
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cammack36 View Post
    I'm a IBEW member as a substation Techinican and I'm currently waiting to attend orientation to become a lineman apprentice... I'm 34. You're fine! Best of luck!

Featured Sponsorr

Hang in there andfinishwhat you started Linemen aint quitters