Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Heck we even carried a pole through a guy's house once! It was the easiest way to get it into the backyard.

Would like to have watched that one. Specially when you went thru the front door. All the neighbors sayin 'what the h---"
    "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."

if it was any of your business you would know

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    Were they amazed, how ya carried the pole INTO the back yard?? :-) Before ya even piked it in? I know, I know. Now days, most utilities...contract back yard stuff. Too much work for the local boys. Union, or utility. "Farm that shit out". "Are you kidding me?? I'm a CITY employee!!! Really, really sad. Yea LA..."Where have all the Linemen gone"? I wrote a poem titled that....15 years ago. It's posted somewhere on this site. "Tony" is dead now...younger than me...cancer. Going to his wake this comin Saturday. "Linemen" now days...be "different" LA. Just different times My Lady...I hope Bob can retire...SOON.
    you retired...now just go away

Quote Originally Posted by climbsomemore View Post
    you retired...now just go away
    swamprat couldn't carry a lineman's water bottle.
    Why did the first electrical workers feel the need to Unionize? To give you something to rail against? No. Because there was a 50% mortality rate in the business. Safety! IT IS STILL TRUE TODAY!

4. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by climbsomemore View Post
    little open ended.... how much does the wire weigh and what kind of tension needs to be there so it sags right...

If you plan on doing the work for 20,30 years... a hoist takes a lot of load off the shoulders and elbows compared to slack blocks. Since the grunt and new age foremen cant run a hand line...I guess that rules out getting them to pull a real 4 part for ya now days....

Ive only had to use the 4 blocks a few times(they called them tinker blocks) so as long as you're talking about the same thing I am, they suck haha. They did help but a pain in the butt