Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Blog Entries

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Hey LA great to see a new post from ya!!! How are you and the boss keeping? All's well up here in the Great White North. Congrats on your retirement Labour, wish I could be joining ya but still have another 8 to go. Don't be such a stranger LA, we all like hearing from you now and then!

Thanks Rob, you won't believe how fast those 8 years go by......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Default Talking of extinct lol

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    I hope not! But, there aren't many running up and down poles or in buckets these days. Or at least not around here. The Boss said they should have started 10 years earlier in training. And won't hire any unless they are certified. Many have retired and no trouble guys at the moment. And as you all know, thunder storms are the norm here in FL. Boss has pulled a lot of late nights. Actually morning hours. As a matter of fact, he is sleeping now. Left at 5pm and came in at 2am. This was the 4th night this week.

Are ya'll feeling the bite where you are? What are the companies doing where you are? Hopefully they saw the future on the wall. I know we talked about this before, but it is here now!
    Im still climbing ( I know. I know. At my age ) still spiking up poles over here in Ireland. Mind you might be back in the uk in a couple of weeks " tower work "
    We thought lost art was extinct. Lol.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Im still climbing ( I know. I know. At my age ) still spiking up poles over here in Ireland. Mind you might be back in the uk in a couple of weeks " tower work "
    We thought lost art was extinct. Lol.
    LOL Hehehe....nope, still kicking around....just not real high anymore!

Always great emailing you Bren! Now you know life could be worse. Naaah, I am good y'all. Just catching Bren up with my goings on. Story short, both the Boss's Mom and my Mom has kept us busy in the last three months. Both are well right now, thank the Good Lord!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys! I will try and pop in more often!

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the well wishes guys! I will try and pop in more often!
    Well then, maybe I'll stop by more often.....!!😉
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Okay Georgie! I will expect seeing you more!

Default Welcome back stranger!

We have struggled to hire journeymen, although we did just hire one from the local municipal. The big IOU in Michigan will be at $50.00 an hour within two years so there are a few chasing the $$$. We are keeping competitive, but the co-ops will never be able to pay what the IOUs do. We have been successful hiring apprentices from line schools, good young men too.

What projects have you been working on?
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    We have struggled to hire journeymen, although we did just hire one from the local municipal. The big IOU in Michigan will be at $50.00 an hour within two years so there are a few chasing the $$$. We are keeping competitive, but the co-ops will never be able to pay what the IOUs do. We have been successful hiring apprentices from line schools, good young men too.

What projects have you been working on?
    Hey DH! Great to see you are still around also! You are right about the co-ops.

Im not doing too much here lately. Started taking care of my mother since April. Had to live with her for a couple of months until she had her back surgery. She is in rehab right now. Hopefully, she will be home soon. Just going at least 3 times a week. But she is in our hometown where family and friends can visit her. I am an hour away now. When she was in Gville, it wasn't so bad, but she gets more company in our hometown. And my brothers can see her more.

When I do have time, I sew some and play with Chance, my two year old grandson. I did make four quilts up til Mama was hurt. I did do some mixed media paintings last year for some seniors.

Are you still widdlin? Send me what you are up to!

Which reminds me, has anyone seen CH(Chicagohand) lately? Did he retire?

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Which reminds me, has anyone seen CH(Chicagohand) lately? Did he retire?
    He is as bad as I am! He hasn't been on since 5/6/2015. Hope he and his family is well.

Featured Sponsorr

By the way , we good lineman are not extinct, we are just laying low , waiting to retire!!!!