Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    But we all know lineman don't grow on trees so it will take a looooong time to rectify the problem. Tell the boss to hang in there!!
    I don't think it can be rectified Labor. This is just the way the new line work is. Your power will be back on when it's back on. The things that have attributed to where we are today with the "Lineman",...are just too many to talk about. The MAJOR one thou, HAS to be...Safety procedures AND...the threat and Fear of Laws suites by companys, that enacted all these "safety" procedures. Linemen...have basically been "regulated out of business". Who the hell would want to do this job anymore? Oh well...Thank god, I'm retired. The horror stories I hear from still working linemen...Sad.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    i can't argue with anything you said Gracie, fortunately I don't have to deal with it anymore cuz I just retired in April.... But I lived it since about 2002. Your state public service commission needs to hear from the rate payers regarding service provided by the utilities. But we all know lineman don't grow on trees so it will take a looooong time to rectify the problem. Tell the boss to hang in there!!
    Retired??? Good for you Georgie! I am jealous! I have 5 more years. Can not wait.

I'll tell him, but ya get kinda tired hanging in the there!

Hey LA good to see you post, and just so you know we are struggling to, the money on our side is a sore subject and we had one go to the co-op about a month ago and I suspect another one will get the call any day now, unfortunately they aren't going to the district they are going to the hill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    I don't think it can be rectified Labor. This is just the way the new line work is. Your power will be back on when it's back on. The things that have attributed to where we are today with the "Lineman",...are just too many to talk about. The MAJOR one thou, HAS to be...Safety procedures AND...the threat and Fear of Laws suites by companys, that enacted all these "safety" procedures. Linemen...have basically been "regulated out of business". Who the hell would want to do this job anymore? Oh well...Thank god, I'm retired. The horror stories I hear from still working linemen...Sad.
    When the utilility I worked for attrited the field work force the outage duration went up. Safety rules may have had some impact but it's purely mathematics, there need to be more lineman. Wires don't go back up and poles don't get set,without lineman and the fact is that the bean counters thought the work could be done with less people, now it's biting them in the ass. As far as thinking going to your states Public Service Commission, up here it's the only thing the companies fear, the commission controls the purse strings and approves rates and can compell expenditures on infrastructure.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Hey LA good to see you post, and just so you know we are struggling to, the money on our side is a sore subject and we had one go to the co-op about a month ago and I suspect another one will get the call any day now, unfortunately they aren't going to the district they are going to the hill.
    Hey there buddy! Great to see you still hanging out with this crew here. Says a lot about ya! LOL Hehehe

Sorry to hear that. I hear a few tid bits from Pops about it. Said they just filled his position not long ago! Whoa. Crazy stuff. Ya, the Boss has some issues on a few things also. I am sure you hear things too. Small town.

Too bad we can't start a trade from my end, education. Have some taking some school and a little training. I am sure liability is a major issue. But, we have started sending some students to a trade school. Like welding. We have certifications for 5 academies. Such as culinary arts, AG science, tech science, building construction, and journalism.

I dont know the answers, but something needs to be in the works.

In these parts thePUC rulesband the utility has to file answer to every complaint and they fear that

Hey LA great to see a new post from ya!!! How are you and the boss keeping? All's well up here in the Great White North. Congrats on your retirement Labour, wish I could be joining ya but still have another 8 to go. Don't be such a stranger LA, we all like hearing from you now and then!

Hey Rob! We are doing good. Hope you and yours are doing well. Eight years ain't too long. But 5 sounds better!

Glad to see you back posting LA. Thought you and the boss might have retired and was fishing all the time.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by THE KID View Post
    Glad to see you back posting LA. Thought you and the boss might have retired and was fishing all the time.
    Oh man that sounds good! And taking our grandson with us! He isn't quite old enough yet. But it won't be long. He is growing like a weed.

great to hear from you too Kid! Still doing your odd jobs on the side? Or have you made it a full time one?