Threaded View

1. Cool Well, that dosent go there...

Hey, I'm what you might call a rookie or just plain inexperienced but I'd like to see what some of you have to say about the incident I experienced a few days ago. I'm currently attending climbing school and its going great! We climb daily, perform exercises and just recently started hanging single cross-arms. Its tons of fun and until the end of the day this past Friday everything was going good. Coming down the pole getting ready to clean the yard up and head home I gaffed out and ended up dangling a few feet above the ground with my left gaff pretty far into my ankle. Didn't feel much at first and didn't realize it at first until I stepped off the pole to find out walking was very painful and there was blood coming out of my boot. Ended up meeting a few paramedics and getting a few stitches. Been board all weekend and hoping this thing will heal up quick in hopes of being able to finish the class. A bit embarrassed to go to class on Monday due to the fact that they put me on crutches. A few other guys in class have stabbed themselves, I'd imagine it wasn't too bad, they managed to make it back to the class the same day to continue climbing. Anyway, if anyone has had any experiences like this Id like to hear them, Ill attach a few photos for those interested. I also notice quite a bit of bruising on my heel, kinda curious how normal that is. Also if anyone knows generally how long something like this takes to heal it would be greatly appreciated. Good luck out there guys!

James
    Attached Images Attached Images