Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New job

Featured Sponsor

Looks like I spoke to soon. I should have gotten my money from the week off by now , its back in the union's hand again. Meantime I just show up for work and do whatever job I am assigned to do, just like I have since I started in line work in 1986.

The latest. I did speak to soon. 2 paycheques have come but no settlement. I talked to the union yesterday and now we are filing a formal grievance. The part that frustrates me most is when I hired on they assured me that the company was cleaning up the way it operates and planning on becoming a desirable place to work. Instead of hiring quality lineman that know and can do quality work safely, they have been hiring the fellas no other contractor wants.

Since I hired on they laid off one older fella , just because he failed a hold off course. They had hired another fella "because he lied to me", when the truth was the gf didn't ask the right questions at the interview.

I have personally witnessed 2 dangerous work practices by the same crew and heard about 2 more.

I just heard about a fella getting fired for cheating on the rules with the foreman's knowledge. He got caught by a third party inspector. In my mind the foreman wasn't doing his job , that would be the same foreman as above.

Great at place to work! NOT.

i can't wait for after Christmas when things open up and other companies start hiring again.

Blog Entries

Stay safe and move on when you can!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

Thank Labor, that is my plan . At least for now I am working on a good crew with a good knowledgeable foreman. Now if the gf would just leave me alone , I would wait him out , just to get the last laugh. The owner has made it know he is looking to replace him.