Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pike?

1. Default Pike?

Featured Sponsor

Just got a call from an agency guy this morning asking if I would be interested in working over in the usa again,after some conversation with the guy it turns out company is called pike?he thinks they work out of Ohio,they looking to take 50uk linemen so what's the word,anybody got any opinion/info? Cheers from sunny Scotland 👍

Blog Entries

Pike works many states, non Union outfit...... Looking for 50 UK lineman, I have to ask why...... Strike coming somewhere....??
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

It does sound like they are gearing up for something. Maybe we can start an old timers crew with the Old Line Dog in charge? Problem is we might get too much done and make the young ones look bad.

4. Default

They are a Big, if not one of the Biggest Non Union contractors in the states Paul. I worked with them for 3-4 years before I retired. They were OK. Their safety rate has gotten a lot better over the years. What are they telling you about the Pay?? Here's their site. http://www.pike.com

I actually think Labor...it's just getting harder to find people here in 'merica to actually Want to do Linework!!
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default Can I ?

Can I come Paul. ?????

Joking.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post

I actually think Labor...it's just getting harder to find people here in 'merica to actually Want to do Linework!!
    Maybe where you're at, but up here they're knocking down the doors to get into training. Last years class had over 600 try out for 20 spots......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Maybe where you're at, but up here they're knocking down the doors to get into training. Last years class had over 600 try out for 20 spots......
    I'm probably just out of touch Labor. I remember 10 odd years ago, a kid, 22-23, stopped by my line truck while I was puttin down the outriggers. Asked me..."So, how an I get a job with you guys, I'd like to do this type of work?" I gave him a number of the GF. 2 months later, the kid walks up to me in the showup and says, "Thanks Sir." Them days are gone. They sent him to app classes, and I believe he's still with Pike today.

Paul, the JOB might be out of Ohio, but Pike's home is Mt. Arie North Carolina.

Ohio is Not a "Right to work state" per se.
    Although Ohio is part of America's "Rust Belt," with a long history of labor organizations, the state has adopted a very limited right-to-work law. Specifically, the law states that union membership or non-membership employment conditions are "contrary to public policy and void." So employees are not required to join a union.

~ Thomas Paine ~

8. Default

Cheers guys for your comments but I was looking for more details like how's there pay,is it fair/payed on time,are they a reasonable outfit,and what's the working lads like?like Bren often says can you have a craic with the lads😀

Blog Entries

OLD will probably best answer that, my online research shows $31.00 an hour but I don't know if it's accurate. What's the head hunter telling you? Agency must have some info...... They had quite a few safety issues a while back......

10. Cool

Featured Sponsorr

I just talked to my buddy who has been with pike 12 years. Basically Pike pays their Linemen according to where the crews are working.

Right here in Florida, at OUC in orlando, the bottom scale for an A Lineman is $28 bucks an hour. The Pike crews workin on Duke Power property, which is...like half of Florida, Make $34 Bucks an hour. Best I can tell ya Paul is the scale is different for Linemen, depending Where the Pike Crews are working and What State they are working in.

Like Labor said, ya need to talk to the head hunter. He should DEFINATELY be able to give you what the Hourly Pay is and how much overtime you might expect. The health care Pike provides...by my buddys opinion is pretty good. He's had some serious shit go on with his back and, though he had to pay a couple grand out of his own pocket...the back surgery which was in the 20K area was taken care of by his Pike insurance.

Their safety has vastly improved over the years. I don't know what the currency breakdown would be for you, or how taxes would work, but Are you makin 34 bucks an hour now?

One other thing...You WILL wear Fire proof Clothing, which Pike Provides, rubber Sleeves, rubber boots and rubber Gloves...which they also provide..."Ground to Ground if you're climbing, or Cradle to Cradle if you are in the Bucket."

Next Time ya talk to the head hunter, and ask him some more questions...I'd like to hear what he tells ya. Like FIRST...Where the hell is the Job...STATE, etc, Transmission or Distribution? Let us know man, and Merry Christmas and The Best to ya in the New Year!!
    ~ Thomas Paine ~