Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Yep Labor, the very same. I had a frank discussion with the owner about it one day, to no avail. His crew is made up of apprentices and fellas from the west with very little live work. So I did the only thing I know, I warned all the apprentices to watch their arses and question everything, and if they don't feel comfortable, to refuse! I also had a good chat with the safety department, they are decent guys but totally out of their element. I told them , without a doubt this fella will kill someone if nothing changes. I even offered to act as a consultant to help them. They are actually civil labourers at best , they need all the help they can get! Of course so do I !

Blog Entries

26 yo know it all in the tools is bad enough, but a 26 yo foreman running inexperienced crews is a recipe for disaster. 43 years in the trade and I stilled learned until I retired. For all you apprentices out there, read robs post, good advise there. My advise is if it don't look or sound right, ask! Don't be afraid to tell the foreman it unsafe.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks, Labor!

Featured Sponsorr

The last I heard the bill for damage was close to $200,000