Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Laid off

Default Laid off

Featured Sponsor

Hey fellas , just got laid off recently. Of all things on a Monday morning well before start time. Strange ,eh?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Hey fellas , just got laid off recently. Of all things on a Monday morning well before start time. Strange ,eh?
    How can they do that without even giving you "cause"???
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default Not good

THATS NOT GOOD.

i really think that if you stay on the tools long enough. Rather than take a supervisory role ... That you aren't wanted by the " newer management " I think we intimidate them ".
    Just a theory. 🇨🇮

Supervising myself now. Three Romainian gangs Working for an irish company sub contracted through a German employment agency run by a Croatian.

I know. I know. WTF.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Oh they gave me "cause" alright, the old standby, lack of work. I do agree with your theory Bren, the gf came here from the west, has done very little live work and maybe has done some transmission work. Every time I reminded him that I have been doing this kind of work he got royally PO'd. He kept muttering that I wouldn't take direction , yet I did every task I was assigned. Strange duck!!

Blog Entries

Sounds like every where else, inexperienced people running crews.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Hey Rob has the work opened up yet and are you back to work?

Hey Tramp! How are ya doing man? No I am not back working yet, but that is the screwed up part. I just found out the other day the company called back all but 2 of us , one week later. Of course the fellas called back were hired after us. The union is mad as ****. For the good I have a couple of possibilities lined up, work is coming, a little slow picking up, but it is coming!

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Hey Tramp! How are ya doing man? No I am not back working yet, but that is the screwed up part. I just found out the other day the company called back all but 2 of us , one week later. Of course the fellas called back were hired after us. The union is mad as ****. For the good I have a couple of possibilities lined up, work is coming, a little slow picking up, but it is coming!
    Hey Rob I sent you a PM.

Not that you are interested Rob as it is a long way from cold country, but there is an abundance of work in Florida, transmission and distribution, take your pick. Charlie.

Featured Sponsorr

Thanks LNF, if it doesn't get going here soon, I just might be coming down.