Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Laid off

Featured Sponsor

Hey fellas, i just found out everybody but me and 1 other older fella , got called back a week or so after the layoff. Pretty crappy , eh! Terrible place to work, the manager really should not be in that position. The fella just does not know how to treat people and is very ignorant to fellas that actually know the trade. I would not recommend anyone to go work there, even Bren!

Hey fellas . We filed a grievance over the layoff when we found out they called back all but me and one other guy after 1 week. The grievance is because they called back probationary members before permanent members. I have been a member since 1991. No news back from it though. I picked up a couple of months work , just started yesterday.

Blog Entries

Sounds like an outfit to stay away from Rob! Good luck on the grievance and the work you picked up
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Hey fellas . We filed a grievance over the layoff when we found out they called back all but me and one other guy after 1 week. The grievance is because they called back probationary members before permanent members. I have been a member since 1991. No news back from it though. I picked up a couple of months work , just started yesterday.
    Sure sounds like you're gonna win that one Rob. "Probationary members" before Permanent members?? THAT's fucked up. If you can't win this one and get rid of that prick...I'm not sure I would want to be in a union like that anyway.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Thanks for the support fellas, time will tell!

Good news , we won!

Good news , we won!
    Good glad to hear it, now what happens?

Blog Entries

Good news , we won!
    Excellent!!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

First things first. Thanks for all the support fellas. Basically they offered a settlement just before we were scheduled to meet with an arbitrator. It amounts to a lump sum in cash, all paperwork removed from our files, and when they require Journeyman they have to take us first. The union was very pleased!

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

First things first. Thanks for all the support fellas. Basically they offered a settlement just before we were scheduled to meet with an arbitrator. It amounts to a lump sum in cash, all paperwork removed from our files, and when they require Journeyman they have to take us first. The union was very pleased!
    if they are paying a MAKE WHOLE remedy, and you're called first for a job that sounds reasonable. As long as you've been employed in the interim.