Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

I don't think lineman have changed that much but policy has. It is a new world where you have to be conscious of everything you say, how you say it, where you say it, and saying too much at the wrong time. Lets be honest, many linemen are half drunks and on the road most of the time. Go to work, go to bar, repeat. Most linemen are also extremely intelligent. Intelligent enough to know to control themselves in everything they do and say. I wouldn't doubt many consider posting not worth the consequences.

In this trade it is remarkable what can be covered up and that angers some saying it should be more open. They want it more open until they screw up and want it covered up

That's why I always advise apprentices to be careful how you handle gossip and incidences because one day it will be you. How you acted towards others will be how they react towards you.

I think the ugliness ruined it for a bunch of guys. I was called in the middle of the night once because one of the former zealots figured out how to get my home phone number. That caused concern for my wife. I've stayed low key since.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    I think the ugliness ruined it for a bunch of guys. I was called in the middle of the night once because one of the former zealots figured out how to get my home phone number. That caused concern for my wife. I've stayed low key since.
    Wow, that sux Duck.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

I am sorry to hear that Duck, it's a dang shame that a certain element insists on acting like children!

Happy 4th to all the Linemen And old retired farts out there.
    "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by polehiker View Post
    Happy 4th to all the Linemen And old retired farts out there.
    You too polehiker
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt