Default Electric cars and the extra load they create.

Featured Sponsor

With the increasing popularity of electric cars it's got me wondering if our electrical systems will be able to keep up with the increasing load demand.

The ultra high power fast chargers are also quite disturbing. Basically a very high voltage/current connection that anyone with a car is going to be plugging into these charge pillars with no regard for the state of the connector.

I can see some pretty exciting electrical headlines and pictures in the future. Especially when DIY charger plug hacks go wrong.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

I'm a mopar guy I love fast and blasting the only complaint I have about electric? why'd it take so long? the only load problem I have is can the road hold up? I think it's past time for electric!sad thing is if you look at early autos they were driven by steam batts and many other crazy things. I won't get into a political rant here.
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar

Some of the very first cars were electric with lead acid battery banks I think. More on a novelty at the time, before the internal combustion engine made long distance and easy refuelling viable.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

4. Default

Featured Sponsorr

I started Linework in Rantoul Ill. in 1969 as an App Lineman. REAL Small rural Utility.

The year I hired on there was an Electric Car, cross country experiment, so to speak. I helped hook up the Charging station in Rantoul for that. Don't remember much about the actual cars, aside from..."Damn these Plugs are HUGE! And...this shit will never fly.' 1969.

I think this is it.

http://web.mit.edu/evt/CleanAirCarRace.html
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~