Thread: Our ENEMY

Default Our ENEMY

Featured Sponsor

It orroured to me that we all hD A COMMON ENEMY and it was gravity each of us lerned to defeat it and make it work in our favor

Ya got a point , Poot, trouble is the dang stuff wins in the long run.

Blog Entries

Rob is right on, gravity always wins in the end.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Default Gravity

I rember being in court ( the old Bailey in the uk) there was an accident ....long story.. But I was there as a witness. A polish pylon painter had fallen from a tower and was killed.

Anyway as part of the court case the coroner was giving details of his injures. ..broken back, ruptured lungs etc etc etc.

Anyway the the judge was getting pissed off and asked the coroner WHAT WAS THE CAUSE OF DEATH THAT IS ON THE DEATH CERTIFICATE . ?

i swear this was the answer she gave.
    he died of " SUDDEN DEACELERATION TRAUMA. ". he f..King slowed down to quickly. GRAVITY. NO LESS.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Hey Bren, it’s good to hear from you. What have you been up to lately

Default Came back home

Came back home to Ireland after a bit of work in the uk. Very good job replacing rotten steel on towers in the south of England. A power station down there was supposed to be decomisioned a few years ago but they've extended its life. It's along the coast ( you could see France on a clear day ) I've never seen steelwork so bad. It litterally crumbled under foot. Any way had a good team of guys and did a good job. Then started in Ireland running four teams of "Romanians" on a fibre optic installation job... Working for a German agency run by Croatians.
    Antway as you may guess......the guys were being paid very badly and their contract stunk. No paid leave etc etc. Good money if you lived in Romainia but not very good wages for Ireland. I got the guys to join the union etc. But the German/ Croations weren't happy withe me. . I was going to leave BUT got offered a job with the main Irish company .. Better money , paid holidays. And full time. It was nice to be appreciated ...their exact words when I said I was leaving.." YOUR NOT GOING ANYWHERE BREN". We need you too much.

anyway at the moment I surveying the routes prior to the guys installing the cable both underground and the over head. It's challenging getting my head round the underground stuff but the overhead is easy for me.

It means that for the first time in over twenty years I'm back working in Ireland full time. And I get to see my partner mid week for the first time in years. ( maybe not so good for her. LOL) .. It takes a lot of adjustment being home after basically working away for so long.
    We havnt killed each other yet so I guess we,d call it a success SO FAR. ,........

I bleven theres a hurrica nurricane hea de d your way astay safe and dont be a stastic

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    I bleven theres a hurrica nurricane hea de d your way astay safe and dont be a stastic

I have found shelter. Luckily there was a bar near today's job. Staying outta the rain. But getting wet inside.

Featured Sponsorr

Isn’t that a perfectly natural place for a lineman to hang out in while it’s storming?