Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Helicopter crash in Ontario

Featured Sponsor

What Happened ?

All I have heard so far is they were landing in a field near the job site. The same field they have been using for a week or so. Speculation is they hit the trees .

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

I see Hydro One released the names of the four fatalities working transmission. Did you know any of them Rob?

Blog Entries

Rip........
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Just yesterday a report on the news says they suspect a nose bag got into the tail rotor and 3 people on board were not wearing seatbelts.

Blog Entries

Jeez, terrible.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Just yesterday a report on the news says they suspect a nose bag got into the tail rotor and 3 people on board were not wearing seatbelts.
    From a reliable source, I was told there were three workers on board plus pilot which is believed to be over the load limit. Not positive whether line workers were contractors or Hydro employees, but not all were Ontario residents. The helicopter and pilot were believed to be Hydro employee and equipment. It is expected that it will be a long expensive law suit.

It is sad accidents and fatalities like this happen, they don't need to.
    Just my two cents! Several safety regulations had to be broken by pilot and line workers for an accident like this to happen, Where was supervision?

From what I have been told , the pilot had been with Hydro One for 10 years. The lineman were all under 28 and had been with Hydro One for 3 -4 years. It was a crew from Hydro One Construction working on a transmission line rehab, the old Gatineau line, which I believe runs from Toronto to Ottawa. There was about 25 men on the crew.

Blog Entries

Under 28 years old, fucking shame. Any more n the cause?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Under 28 years old, fucking shame. Any more n the cause?
    I heard the nose bag got into the tail rotor and the pilot was trying to get it back to the landing spot, they were about 30 feet up when the tail rotor grenaded. 2 were ejected and 1 went down with the pilot. I also heard it was the birthday of one of them.