Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default Transitioning from underground to overhead

Featured Sponsor

Hello im currently an apprentice that works just on underground power lines. Im about to journey out. My question is i want overhead experience. Would i have to do another apprenticship or could i get hired by a utility and get training. Has any one else been in my shoes. Thanks

I wouldn't think that you could be considered a journeyman lineman without having ever worked overhead, you would be a cableman in my opinion, and would be at a serious disadvantage if you ever wanted to go elsewhere to work. Get some overhead experience and if you are able to do the work you will have put yourself in a position to be considered for the title of Journeyman Lineman. Good luck. Charlie.

I can sow you local thT HAS JOURNEYMEN LINEMEN THAT HAVE NEVER LAID HANDS ON ENERGIZED CONDUCTORS HARD TO UNDERSTAND GOING THRU AN APPRENTICESHIP TO BECOME LISCENSED JMAN BUT ITS DONE

Blog Entries

Who are you doing your apprenticeship with?
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    I can sow you local thT HAS JOURNEYMEN LINEMEN THAT HAVE NEVER LAID HANDS ON ENERGIZED CONDUCTORS HARD TO UNDERSTAND GOING THRU AN APPRENTICESHIP TO BECOME LISCENSED JMAN BUT ITS DONE
    I'm sure it is done but to me the question is Are they really a journeyman lineman without ever having done any overhead work? I don't think so, but I could be in the minority. Charlie.

Blog Entries

I’ve never seen that happen Poot.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

tRUSTV ME LOOK NO FARTHE TAN LOCAL 66 OUT OF hOUSTON TEXAS

Blog Entries

tRUSTV ME LOOK NO FARTHE TAN LOCAL 66 OUT OF hOUSTON TEXAS
    Thats some crazy shit right there I tell ya..

The same thing has happened up this way too, fellas holding a Journeyman ‘s ticket and have never worked live. I met a fella recently holding a journeyman’s ticket but has only built substations and private lines . The company had him as a sub foreman, he had no clue as to how linework was done, even open wire secondary pole changes!

Featured Sponsorr

Yea they are counying secondary work as hot time