Default Getting into the field later in life

Featured Sponsor

Hello, new here, I am 34 , located in NE PA, and have been an inside electrician for 16 years. I currently hold two licenses (not that that applies to this type of work) and have acquired experience in many sectors of the electrical field including high voltage (customer owned) work and low voltage utility work. I have been working as a project manager for 3 years but I'm not really the office type. I mostly find ways to get out on projects most of the time. I am comfortable with my wages and living situation with a wife that is a stay at home mom and 2 kids. I've looked into this a few times in my life and recently called a few of the local utility contacts that I know and seem to be hitting a wall. It seems like I would have to do the 15 week school which I wouldn't be able to get the time off for or sign up with NEAT and have to travel or relocate. Just wondering if anyone on here was in a similar situation or got into the field another way that I am either not seeing or haven't explored. Thank you very much in advance for any and all help with this.