Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

I'm pretty sure that when this forum was first formed there was no such thing as line-school. In some instances it has been used to crash-train young people and give them too much confidence in their abilities with disastrous results when employed by exploitative companies and given responsibility far beyond their actual skills.

The best way to learn has always been an apprenticeship doing real work every single day and getting paid for doing so. An ideal apprenticeship will hopefully include some class time to fill in the finer details of electrical theory.

Sometimes I wonder how many of the people who pay for a course actually end up working in the industry.

Oh well. At least they get a nice certificate to hang on the wall.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    I'm pretty sure that when this forum was first formed there was no such thing as line-school. In some instances it has been used to crash-train young people and give them too much confidence in their abilities with disastrous results when employed by exploitative companies and given responsibility far beyond their actual skills.

The best way to learn has always been an apprenticeship doing real work every single day and getting paid for doing so. An ideal apprenticeship will hopefully include some class time to fill in the finer details of electrical theory.

Sometimes I wonder how many of the people who pay for a course actually end up working in the industry.

Oh well. At least they get a nice certificate to hang on the wall.
    Good answer Clive, you are absolutely right!