:d:d

Name:  joe.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  70.9 KB
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

That makes two of us.

Blog Entries

Joe is head and shoulders above the other guy. But who taught Joe to use chain pullers in the primaries on what looks to be #2 ACSR. My 9 yo granddaughter can pull #2 with slack blocks.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Joe is head and shoulders above the other guy. But who taught Joe to use chain pullers in the primaries on what looks to be #2 ACSR. My 9 yo granddaughter can pull #2 with slack blocks.
    I suspect that you would be quite amazed at what some of them are being taught at some of these schools.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    I suspect that you would be quite amazed at what some of them are being taught at some of these schools.
    Oh boy......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Custer's Last Stand, St. Louis City, Missouri, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    What's an alternative to going to "School", when trying to break into this line of work?
    "Liberalism is a mental disorder" quote Michael Savage
    "When you deny a man his livelihood, it becomes personal" quote Chris Hanson

Quote Originally Posted by stiffneck View Post
    What's an alternative to going to "School", when trying to break into this line of work?
    Here in Fl a young man that wants to get into this line of work only needs to enquire with contractors to start as a grunt, but there is plenty of work here and that may not be the case in other places. I certainly don't blame anyone trying to break into the trade for getting started however they can but it seems like every other month a new school or training program pops up, a lot of these are at local community colleges and are always hunting full time instructors for very little $ and you can only guess what type of instructions those young people are getting, most hire on thinking that they are lineman and you spend a lot of time getting them on track for where they really are. There are some good programs that have excellent instructors because they have a structured program and realize that you get what you pay for and when you get a kid out of their program you can tell that someone with background in the trade has spent some time with him,but there is no substitution for OJT and they will get that on the job.

Sounds like you guys in Florida have the same kind of troubles with new apprentices as we are here in Ontario. Too many colleges offering “pre-apprentice “ courses with instructors that are less than fully qualified, resulting in new guys that think they know lots, and end up being re-trained for the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Sounds like you guys in Florida have the same kind of troubles with new apprentices as we are here in Ontario. Too many colleges offering “pre-apprentice “ courses with instructors that are less than fully qualified, resulting in new guys that think they know lots, and end up being re-trained for the real world.
    Rob you hit the nail on the head, sounds like you have seen this before.

Featured Sponsorr

Yeah LNF , I have lived it. It’s the new normal here. Lots of apprentices coming from these schools, but very few that can actually think and do the work. Plenty of them that think they know everything, and more than us 30 year guys. If Florida wasn’t so dang far from home I would come down there to work. As it is I am in the process of getting a work visa to work in upstate New York. Strange thing is it’s closer to home than most of the work here!